“Fantastic service and experience!”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Had an amazing super-relaxing 8hour flight with great service and 5* food. A350 makes the experience even better with better cabine air quality and lower noise levels.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (11 822)

1 078 - 1 082 of 11 822 reviews

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Very impressed with Dreamliner. Plane was immaculate as were the staff who kept us comfortable for the almost 18 hours we were with them. Would definitely fly Qatar again.

1  Thank HarareScotsman
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Very impressed with both plane and staff on trip to Zagreb. Plane was spotless and maintained throughout 11 hour flight. Doha airport very efficient.

1  Thank HarareScotsman
Reviewed 21 September 2017

l am surprised by the negative reviews I have seen for Qatar Airlines as that was not my experience in the least. Of course, I was on a short flight from Bangkok to Hanoi so didn't spend a lifetime on board like our flight from Washington D.C. to Tokyo. (Another story). I enjoyed our flight immensely. Check in at Suvarnabhumi is always a hassle, but only because it is such a busy airport. Once on board, we were treated with the same courtesy and respect I expect from any airline. I found the seats to be comfortable and the right size for a fairly large person with plenty of legroom. To me, that is the benchmark for a good flight. The food served was different from my usual fare, but I've never flown on a mid eastern airline before. That said, it was simple, but very good. I would fly on this airline again if offered the opportunity.

I only had one hiccup during my trip from the airline. As I am retired military, I was offered the choice of indicating my rank on Qatar's website for some reason. Normally, I would never do such a thing, but decided to be daring on this trip. If you are ever in such a position, don't do it. On our return flight from Hanoi to Bangkok, my boarding pass was printed with my rank. When I got to the first security check point, the guard denied me access to further screening. The reason? The name on my boarding pass didn't match the name on my passport. He couldn't find Colonel anywhere on my passport. Try explaining that to someone who doesn't speak English.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank Douglas A
Reviewed 21 September 2017

Qatar Airways direct flight to Edinburgh in Business Class is quite simply superb. Before its introduction, I always flew British Airways via Bahrain to London then on to Glasgow. But now, I wouldn't even consider that. It is so good to have a direct flight to Scotland and even better that it's Qatar Airways. The entire service from start to finish is a joy. The premium terminal at HIA is amazing. I was met at my taxi by a representative who took my cases and escorted me to the check-in desk. No queue and I had my boarding pass in a silver 'windowed' holder within two minutes. Straight through the separate premium immigration & security and into the concourse. After a little shopping, I made my way to the Al Mourjan lounge and had a very nice dinner there. Excellent service and beautiful surroundings. Straight on to the plane and settled into my seat. On both legs of my journey the crew were friendly, welcoming and efficient. I did not once have to ask for my drink to be topped up. They were always there without being intrusive. Nothing was too much trouble. The food was excellent and beautifully presented. The toilet bag is probably the nicest I've ever had on any flight. The entertainment system offers a good choice of video and audio and is easy to operate. The outward journey was a night flight and I was given pyjamas - something BA stopped doing many years ago. The flat bed was more spacious than the BA bed and more comfortable too. The only drawback is having to use the BA lounge at Edinburgh Airport. It is very poor indeed. It amazes me that now that BA has codeshare with QA, its flights from Doha are priced at the same level as QA. There is absolutely NO comparison. None whatsoever. QA is a far superior product in every way. I have flown First Class with BA and BA's First Class doesn't match QA's Business Class. These two fantastic started and ended my holiday on a perfect note.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank Jackie B