“Good airline but usually more expensive”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Flew economy from Doha, Qatar to Durban, South Africa.We took off late but the pilot made up time and we landed just 5 minutes late. The food is ok, the flight entertainment is very good. Flight attendant took really long to react to my request for water.

Reviews (36 033)

18 744 - 18 748 of 36 033 reviews

Reviewed 29 August 2017

My family and I travel with Qatar Airline very often and have to admit; it is the most pleasant experience we can ask for.
Very friendly and helpful staff, they do create a relaxing atmosphere for whole entire flight. Will strongly recommend.

Date of travel: June 2017
Reviewed 29 August 2017

After my bi weekly travel from saigon to Kuwait with Qatar airways, I reached my platinum level, which makes a huge difference in the pre-travel and transit travel experience.
No queues, friendly smiles and lounge access, and luckily for me with my 191 cm 95% of the time I manage to obtain the emergency row seat, so I have place to store my legs.

Except the food experience, it takes about 1.5 hrs for the food tray to be taken away again, all is good (I make sure that I eat at the lounge, so no need that tray in front of me).

Transit in Doha is not always a pleasure, as the security queues are long and the security people are never friendly (aprrox 30 min waiting)

Date of travel: July 2017
Reviewed 29 August 2017

When on long haul flights I usually fly business class. As this was an unplanned trip and my sister was travelling economy I decided to keep her company. Well the seating on our flight from Perth to Doha wasn't too bad but the Doha to Rome part of the trip seemed very cramped and on our way back it didn't help that the passengers in front immediately put their seats back. Obviously the seating was a bit of a system shock but the food was very good, as was the service. I walked through the business class to get to our seats and noticed the configuration was not as good as a previous airline I had travelled earlier on in the year with. If I had to travel econmy again I would go for the exit seats, which do offer more leg room.

2  Thank Alma4452
Reviewed 29 August 2017

At 13hrs + this is a proper long haul. Plenty of space and an ever attentive cabin crew made it comfortable and bearable. A medical condition required temperature control for drugs and the airline coped magnificently, taking all the stress away. One of the best I have flown with.

• Check-in and boarding
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.