“Efficient, good service”
Review of Qantas

Reviewed 28 June 2018

No problem with this flight, good service. Not much legroom but I guess no worse than other similar aircraft. Rough weather and landing but confidence in flight crew not misplaced. No hassle with baggage or check in. Recommended.

Date of travel: March 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (14 119)

2 625 - 2 629 of 14 119 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Wonderful people caring us during the all flight. The premium economy on the Boeing Dreamliner 787 is very nice. Nothing to compare with the Airbus A380 flying from Melbourne to Singapore or Singapore London. Boeing is the winner by far. All with Qantas

Date of travel: May 2018
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I was always very hesitant to fly anywhere with Qantas overseas let alone in Australia as regardless of their Stella reputation as an airline with a fantastic safety record, that does not seem to carry over to the service side of the company.

A few years ago, I flew domestic with Qantas from Sydney to Melbourne, and something went wrong with the plane, or the pilot forgot his keys, so they took the plane away from the terminal and we had to wait hours for the next one to pull in, anyway that's another story.

So my wife convinced me to fly with Qantas from Honolulu to Sydney as we lived in New York, and we stopped at Hawaii as it was the halfway point, and why wouldn't you. If it was up to me, I would have booked another airline for sure. So before you take off, they play this cheesy, Aussie safety video. Then when the service started it was very average.

I find that the cabin crew with Qantas are never very friendly, and I am not a needy passenger, in fact, I am totally the opposite. I usually sit there for the whole flight and keep to myself. I Attempted to watch a movie, but not only was the screen so small that you had to be right of it at all times, the picture quality was atrocious. I remember I was watching a movie with Mark Wahlberg called "Deepwater Horizon" and there were scenes where they were underwater and I couldn't see a thing.

Overall for a 10-hour flight, it wasn't a pleasant one, and Qantas are very stingy with their points as well. I just recently flew from Sydney to Geneva with Emirates who now codeshare with Qantas. I was trying to decide whether to use my Qantas card for points or my Emirates card. I chose Qantas. Big Mistake.

So I received a whopping 3700 points where I would have received 16,000 with Emirates. There is nothing I like about Qantas. But don't take my word for it. There is a website called Australian Frequent flyers dot com dot au. Check out all of the bad reviews they receive on there about Qantas, it is a real eye-opener.

Date of travel: October 2017
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We flew the new London - Perth direct flight.
Whichever way you cut it, this is a tiring flight. Fortunately we flew business which was a great way to go if you can manage the fare. Personally, I would spend the extra money because you do manage to sleep and arrive in better shape than Premium Economy or Economy.
I chatted to other passengers as we queued at Perth Airport on arrival and invariably no matter how much the lighting, humidity and meals etc have been carefully selected to help overcome the rigors of this flight, passengers all agreed that this is a bit of an ordeal and rather uncomfortable towards the end.
The fares for economy and premium economy seem good value for money. Although the service and extra comfort that has gone into this long haul flight can never take away the fact that you will be stiff and uncomfortable by flights end. Give it a couple of days and you will have forgotten it anyway.

Date of travel: June 2018
1  Thank Cliff F
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Yes, it was scheduled journey. But, it should be sharp enough to get reliance. The flight was delayed and there was an issue of delay at boarding.

Date of travel: June 2018