“Awful Experience - NEVER FLY WITH OMAN AIR”
Review of Oman Air

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

NEVER FLY WITH OMAN AIR - horrible customer experience and an Arline who is literally robbing their customers! In December 2020, I bought a ticket and paid over a $100 extra for a flexible option in order to be able to obtain refund in case I need to cancel - as travelling during Covid pandemic can be very uncertain and stressful. I ended up not being able to go to Oman as they recently implemented strict quarantine measures. Their online refund option "conveniently" does not work, so for the past 6 weeks, I have been emailing and calling them about my ticket refund with no response regarding the refund! Their call center is claiming that they have a (non-existing) refund department that is supposed to address all refund requests only by email - which I am starting to think it is a complete lie and a way to make money during this pandemic. I have sent the refund team multiple emails with no response. Please save your money and book with another airline instead, you are far better off flying with budget airlines like Pegasus or RyanAir at this point - who will not only issue you a refund faster but at least issue you a refund. Oman Air what happened to you?! you used to be a real airline who cared about your customers and now you're thieves....shame on you!

Date of travel: December 2020
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Julia D
Write a reviewReviews (4 613)

11 - 15 of 4 613 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Last year me and my girlfriend booked a flight with Oman Air. We received a confirmation and our reservation number, but no ticket number. We have requested several times for this number, but no one helped us and said this would be oké when checking in. In July we received a confirmation that our flight was cancelled, so we started requesting a refund. Continuously they asked for our ticket number, but as you know, we did not have any. After that we received an offer to accept a voucher, but we did not want this. After sending 30 mails and calling for at least 2 hours. No one helped us. Normally we do not want to complain via reviews, but they gave us no other option. Never make a reservation with Oman air if you want service and an insurance. Worst ever!

Date of travel: October 2020
2  Thank JoshuaM1758
Reviewed 22 January 2021 via mobile

I flight with an A330 with enormous leg space, I was surprised. Excelent company, with clean plane and sensational food on board. The cabin crew is very nice too. I would definitely fly again with them.

Date of travel: March 2020
2  Thank alexanderchr
Reviewed 22 January 2021 via mobile

Other than the OK performance by the cabin crew,there was nothing positive

Getting through to Oman air ticket office in Kuwait is not the easiest thing as they have made it a habit not to answer the phone. I was finally lucky after about 20 attempts.

I was informed by the Oman air ticket office in Kuwait that I cannot carry hand luggage but my checked luggage is 37 kg in 2 bags. Accordingly when I reched Kuwait airport ,I was in politely informed by the Oman air staff (a female from south India )at Kuwait airport that checked luggage should be 30kg and hand luggage is 7kg this is the opposite of what I was informed by the Oman air ticket office staff in Kuwait. No coordination what so ever.

It didn't stop there. My original transit time in Oman was 3.30 and a day before the flight I was informed it's 8 hours and a dinner voucher would be given at Oman airport. After few hours at Oman airport I when and spoke to Oman air supervisor suleiman who did take any action regarding the promised dinner voucher. After a long wait we were given a voucher to have a meal from KFC or macdonalds. What a shame

In the future,even if Oman air is the only option, I will not fly them.

Date of travel: January 2021
1  Thank RohanD328
Reviewed 20 January 2021 via mobile

Oman Air has literally stole millions of euros from its customers. Like thousands of other passengers, my return flight was cancelled by Oman Air in March 2020 and I had to fly with a different airline to be able to come back home. Since then, it's a dialogue of the deaf. They don't answer emails, over the phone their rude employees with limited English have a robotic speech "please send an email to our refund team" but everytime I did so, I received either no answer or automatic ones "we will get back to you within 2 weeks"... Their strategy is obvious: make the customers giving up and keep their money. Customers should gather together and sue them to get their money back.

Date of travel: January 2021