“Good african airline”
Review of Kenya Airways

Reviewed 2 January 2018

Flew from Johannesburg to Nairobi with Kenya airways on a 737. Very good service with good food and drinks!
Entertainment system was also good.

Date of travel: February 2017
Write a ReviewReviews (1 752)

617 - 621 of 1 752 reviews

Reviewed 2 January 2018

Probably one of the few airlines that could fly into Kenya. We are Singaporeans, so we flew into Bkk and transferred to Kenya Air to enter Nairobi.

Went on Economy and it was bearable. The flight was stable, the food average, the service was not too bad and toilets were quite cleane. BUT, the biggest bugbear here was the timing.

We were ready to head out to Nairobi from Bkk at midnite S'pore time. However, the flight was so badly delayed that we only managed to take off only at 4am+! That affected a lot of things esp those at Nairobi. The layover time was 3hrs, the delay was another 3.5hrs, all in all, we sat at Bkk airport for nearly 7 hrs! But still, all was good and we took off.

On our journey home, I decided to give my family a treat and upgraded (with payment) to 4 Biz Class seats. It was much better and this time, surprisingly, no delays! It took off on the DOT! Wow, what a treat.

Biz class here is as per other biz class. Not any better nor any worse if you compare against EUR or USA liners. However, it would lose out to Asian liners I would imagine.

Seats were generally cleaned, reclined to straight and level, bigger screens, champagne to kick-off the flight, blankets were thick n fluffy, headphones were diff from those in Econ class, etc.

We had seat nos 3s and 4s. So we were in the first sector of the aircraft just behind the cockpit. As such, we had no disturbances from the Econ class side as behind us, there were another 5 rows of Biz Class. Very quiet and lots of privacy.

Our family slept like babies and before you knew it, they were announcing to descend! When we landed, we yearned for more time in the Biz class but...., and we landed with fresh minds and fresh bodies, very little lethargy unlike from Econ class.

If you asked me, I reckoned its all worth the upgrade and I am happy I gave my family a treat like this. Conclusion - DO IT! Do it the biz class way....

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

On my business class trip from bangkok to nairobi, seat 2D did not work, it could not recline, and none of the buttons worked, it had to be manually put flat, and then manually be put back upright, and only the crew can do that.

The service was also terrible, our hostess never had a smile, was inattentive, and would not even acknowledge if she heard my request, or any request.

The food was disgusting, two pieces of rubber chicken for breakfast, along with potatoes that looked dried up, and a slop of spinach. How is that breakfast? No eggs?? Sausage?? Oh they did give a croissant.

I have traveled business class in several airlines, this has to be the absolute worst so far.

Also for duty free shopping onboard, be careful as the standard excuse seems to be they do not have change if you pay with dollars, but yet I saw another hostess providing change to another passenger in dollars, and I had to chase them for change, they left it to the last minute before landing.

This type of service and attitude stems from the top, thoroughly disgusted.

Date of travel: January 2018
2  Thank pshah99
Reviewed 1 January 2018

I am not an international traveler and I mistakenly did not take my checked luggage through customs at Johannesburg, SA. I contacted Kenya Airways 3 times and the luggage department in Port Elizabeth, SA contacted Kenya Airways at least 4 times about getting my luggage out of KA luggage department and onto a flight to PE. We were without our luggage for 6 days.We had to buy clothing on day 2 in PE. 3 days in the same undies ain't no fun. I admitted I made a mistake and could KA help. In my opinion, they were lazy and didn't help. Each time they were actually contacted, they said they would get them on the next flight. But they did not. On day 7, my son-in-law, who is South African, called 16 times before getting someone in the KA luggage dept. He put on his best South African accent to sound really "official" and asked if they had my luggage. They did. He then told them at 9:16 AM to PUT THEM ON THE 10:45 am flight. They did and 7 days after arriving in PE, WE HAD OUR LUGGAGE. Pure laziness on KA luggage departments part. In the air, we were treated like a VIP since we flew business class. But on the ground, they couldn't care less.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

1 hr late departure but on time arrival.
Food service was followed by drinks (one round) was average
Crew members were not very friendly but ok
Toilet not very clean -passengers to be blamed