“Do your self a favour and stay away from Iberia.”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed 22 September 2021

I filght 2 days ago TLV-MADRID with Iberia and they lost my luggage, more than 5000€ of personal things and clothes... Im lost In Madrid!
No one in the company is giving me proper service.

2  Thank Tomavg
Write a reviewReviews (20 469)

34 - 38 of 20 469 reviews

Reviewed 22 September 2021

My bagagge was lost by the company, I filled in the report at the airport. 3 days had gone since then. I finally got an e-mail that my package should arrive by tomorrow. I tried to call the airline to get more information about it, if I should receive the package personally or if the hotel reception can take care of it If I'm not at the hotel when the bagagge arrives. The automated system only speaks spanish, I have no idea what numbers should I press. Most of the times I have to wait 15+ mins to get an actual operator to talk to, it hapenned 9 times already, only one of them spoke english. I was happy to speak to someone finally after HOURS of trying. The gentleman has told me that I selected the wrong department, and that he can't tranfer me an then FRICKING HUNG UP. I've had enough, I just want my stuff back.

3  Thank danielhegyi123
Reviewed 21 September 2021

I called because I made a mistake with the booking and added a incorrect name, mistakes happen and I was happy to pay to have it amended, I was answers by a very angry man that just screaming and throwing abuse at me tell me that I am f### and nothing I can do. Obviously I get a little frustrated with his attitude. Then he started laughing at me saying he will not help "have fun on hold" he replied and hung up. Disgusting behaviour

But after I did speak to a very lovely lady who sorted everything for me and also reported to the management

2  Thank 56conorc
Reviewed 20 September 2021

Iberia up-sold me to pay more for FULLY REFUNDABLE tickets because of Covid uncertainty, then erred at the gate (first by mistakenly assuming our two travelers needed to enter Spain when we only needed to catch a connecting flight that would leave Spain; second by misinterpreting recent changes in Spain's Covid protocol). The overstressed gate agent in Costa Rica wouldn't let us board and Iberia refused to honor the refund, blaming Covid and the country of Spain in the process (when it was their own errors/decisions, made by the low level, understaffed and overworked gate agents of Iberia). They abuse our trust for taking their marketing claims at face value and then abuse the definitions of fully, refund, fraud and force majeure as if they have never heard of Covid and didn't specifically up-sell me for this kind of risk.
After initially wasting 2 hours in their customer service phone tree, only to be told I would be unable to talk to a supervisor and that I should go fill out forms on the internet that they would prove to ignore, I've now spent 6 weeks in a dispute with Iberia during which they've sent a few "no-reply" emails, given me only stonewalling/runarounds and have steadfastly refused to allow me to talk to a human with any responsibility, or offer a phone number or mail/email address.
Ever-larger corporate monopolies like Iberia need to be held accountable and we consumers need to stand up and fight for our rights!

Date of travel: July 2021
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 16 September 2021

i booked flights months ago. got emails twice with changes. time to travel is in a few days, and my flights seem to have disappeared from their website. and it's impossible to get anyone on the phone.
ARGHHHHHH
we can NOT afford to lose this money; it's our first vacation in many years.

• Customer service
    • Value for money
1  Thank SandyMBoston
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.