“Worst flight I ever had”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed 1 August 2021

We booked a flight from dubrovnik to Lisbon with a stop in Madrid. We would have 1 hour in Madrid, but suddenly the flight was rescheduled and we only had 20 minutes. In the plane we found out the 'stop' in Madrid was actually a transit (while in the ticket and booking it said stop). We had to run from one side of the airport all the way to the other side in less than 20 minutes. If the first plane hadn't arrived a bit early we would've missed our flight. After running through the airport we were 5 minutes late to the gate but we were luckily still let in. Then we arrived in Lisbon, and my luggage doesn't show up. I'm still not sure if I can get my luggage back now and they're trying to find it, but it's probably still in Madrid because of the short transit. Worst airline ever.

Date of travel: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (20 378)

47 - 51 of 20 378 reviews

Reviewed 31 July 2021

This airline was the worst airline I have ever traveled with. My flight was delayed over 2 hours due to technical difficulties and they changed the gate 3 times! That's not even the worst of it. I have serious food allergies. Usually I am able to select my meal before my flight, but Iberia did not offer this option for my flight. I ate the pasta and cake that was offered on board and I thought everything was fine, but I was wrong. By the time I arrived to JFK airport, I started breaking out in hives all over my body. My temperature spiked to 101 degrees Fahrenheit and I felt dizzy and out of breath. By the time I arrived home, I was unable to breathe and could barely make it to my apartment. My roommate found me and immediately called an ambulance. I spent the next morning in the hospital due to anaphylactic shock from a food allergy. Iberia seriously needs to educate their flight staff on informing customers about what's in the food they are serving. This company is very lucky my roommate found me, otherwise I would be dead. I will never travel with this airline again!

Date of travel: July 2021
Reviewed 29 July 2021

I bought a refundable Iberia ticket and was sent a receipt for a refund. The money has not been put back on my card. When you call their customer service, it rings for about 10 min and then it hangs up. I've messaged their facebook page for weeks. The whole experience has been a complete nightmare. Do not book on this airline!!

Date of travel: May 2021
Reviewed 29 July 2021

Have flown Iberia for many years US to Spain and back. The main reason is they have direct flights, on board service is pretty average , equipment also I fly premium economy and always purchase more leg room . That’s the positives ,their customer service should be titled customer abuse , if you need assistance plan on long waits ,arguments and people interrupting your speech and when completed, nothing resolved . Currently have changed email addresses and tried to update my plata account the software crashed and then would no longer accept the ID and password , have made 3 phone calls discussed the problem with absolutely the worst customer service person I’ve ever dealt with 4 emails to the main office in Madrid over a month no response yet, this is the type of service to a silver account holder with a voucher for almost 2,000 dollars. So beware if you are not able to do everything for yourself and need customer abuse service, it is the absolute worst.

Date of travel: August 2020
    • Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 28 July 2021

The leg room is almost non-existant, the flight was cramped and it was a nightmare. They also lost my luggage, and I´m still trying to get in contact with the customer service.

Avoid like the plague

Date of travel: June 2021
    • Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank F9651NMjenss
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.