“Ok flight shame about the food”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed 1 March 2020

Flew San Jose Costa Rica to Madrid and paid for extra leg room seats so plenty of room for economy class. The plane seemed fairly new and the entertainment system worked well with good choice.
On the outbound British Airways flight we had dinner and an evening meal plus the crew came through twice with free water or Orange juice and once with mini ice creams. On the Iberia flight we got an evening meal and a “ breakfast box” and that was it. The food was absolutely tasteless crap......the worse food I have had on any flight anywhere......even worse than Ryan Air.

Date of travel: March 2020
1  Thank GUARDSMAN
Write a reviewReviews (20 378)

348 - 352 of 20 378 reviews

Reviewed 1 March 2020

Frustrating to try to contact Iberia. After we paid for seats, we did not receive an electronic receipt. I wanted to be sure we had the seats, so I attempted to reach them. However, their toll-free number did not ever pick up, and they did not respond to my WhatsApp messages. (We did have the seats in the end, but it is not acceptable to have no way to contact an airline).

And to boot, we did not receive the kosher meals we ordered.

Date of travel: February 2020
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank AlanGCleveland
Reviewed 1 March 2020

Flew round trip from Boston to Barcelona last week of February. Super easy flights with no issues at all. Both flights were on time, service was great from check-in to in flight service to landing. Would definitely fly Iberia again.

Date of travel: February 2020
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
3  Thank Kamcro
Reviewed 1 March 2020

I booked an amazing deal with Iberia Airlines eight months in advance over the phone with a representative. Two weeks before my flight I could not find information online, so I called. I was told my flight was cancelled eight months earlier because my card did not go through. I have no issues with my card, so I assume the representative accidentally put in a wrong number or misunderstood me. My big complaint is that I wasn’t notified. I was told a representative of Iberia tried to call me, according to their records. No voicemail was left because they don’t do that, I was told. No email was sent because I was told they don’t do that. Now they want me to rebook at two thousand dollars more! Funny thing- today, five days after calling Iberia to find out what happened to my reservation, I get an email notifying me of the cancellation. The email they SHOULD have sent eight months ago so I could have cleared up the situation. I will never fly Iberia. I booked at a much higher rate with another airlines because of the last minute reservation. :(

Date of travel: March 2020
1  Thank janetkG6581WX
Reviewed 28 February 2020 via mobile

Initially very exited as the opportunity to stay over in Madrid for a couple of nights in our return trip. Good first leg of trip. Return very disappointed. The Madrid London tickets were for the morning 08:50 hours. To our surprise when arriving in the morning to the airport and printing the boarding pass they were for an Iberia express, at 18:25 hours.
Never notified by Iberia of any changes.
Useless information stand staff. Very unhelpful, although I reckon there would be not much they could do, minimal information could have been helpful. Getting through to claims online/ mission impossible as the flight we were sold did not appear in any options on the pre-determined form. Had apparently been canceled a couple of weeks before.
And I repeat: no notification from Iberia.
Unable to claim via the initial booking for same reason. Their reply was in terms we are sorry for your inconvenience, we can cancel any flight, and that’s it.
Despite buying online form Iberia. Their reply via the Facebook page is: we sent you a reply, if you are not satisfied go to: and gives me the same link I have tried endlessly before.
I am very disappointed with Iberia. I had travelled with them before. A few times. i was very excited with the option given of London-Madrid-Havana-Madrid-London. I do not think I can trust Iberia anymore. No only for not notifying us of such an important change, but For Nor Caring!!!
And worst part is the cumbersome, appalling system they have for you to make any claims. Or complaints. Or feedback at all.
Would discourage you to use it for a stay over trip.
I try always to be considerate and understanding. But the lack of care, respect and understanding of such a big company for the small blocks that makes them, that it is us, users, clients, frustrate me.

Date of travel: January 2020
1  Thank MilercyO
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.