“When you pay Business Class in a Flight that has no Business Class”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I thought that I had seen almost everything when it has to do with flying... until I took an Iberia flight and realized what the meaning of Business Class means to them. Pretty much they charge you extra money in order to sit in a Coach Class seat without someone sitting right next to you in the middle row. Their planes are old, service is average, food is horrible and the experience is not what you expect when you flight Business.
Seats can barely recline, table tops are in really bad conditions!!!!

Seats can barely recline, table tops are in really bad conditions!!!!

• Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (13 861)

110 - 114 of 13 861 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The plane was late getting into Chicago by 1 hour. Once finally on the plane for the 8 hour ride to Madrid with a 11/2 hour layover then onto Frankfurt, the crew was very short and rude. The plane itself in “coach” was comfortable and the entertainment selection was great! The food was horrible and the service even worse! I would have thought that picking up papers and trash along their walks would have been second nature, but I was wrong... crew walked over trash and the bathrooms were disgusting!! Iberia airlines which are affiliated with American Airlines I expected more from you then what we received! So like I said we left Chicago an hour late which made us miss our connecting flight to Frankfurt, when we got off the plane they were waiting with our boarding pass to board the next plane which was 5 hours away. They gave us a good voucher and said they we could use it anywhere on the first floor. But... that was not true... in trying to use them we encountered such rude people in Madrid!! Even raising their voices to us... this maybe their culture but I’m not impressed! So we finally found the one small place where we could use it and they limited our choices to premise salad which was turning brown, pizza, and premise sandwiches,!! We couldn’t eat that food it was disgusting looking!! So we purchase our own food! The rest of the trip was ok. The American Airlines flight from frankfurt to Charlotte NC was obviously an older plane, not updated and the crew was a bit nicer but not much!!! Very very disappointed in the level of customer service!! Will not fly Iberia again and will think again about American!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Paid a little extra for an upgrade which gave me more leg room and free checked bag. It was totally worth it! Had great seats, the food was all right for airplane food and the staff was friendly and helpful.

Date of travel: September 2018
1  Thank Wbtravelin
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It never really instills confidence when the flight attendant, when talking to the people in the emergency row tell them if they throw the door outside or inside, that she "does not care" Maybe a turn of phrase, but sitting in the row behind I would not particularly want to be hit by a flying door. I will make every effort not to fly this airline again. I did try to purchase more leg room, I am one of those travellers over 6 foot, however the much-vaunted linkage with BA/Iberia/American Airlines does not actually exist - and it was not for not trying on my side. The other humour, this airline talks about how it has the best on-time record. Both flights were late.

• Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Lately I was taking quite often flights with Iberia, but this time it was total disappointment. First of all, the flight was in economy at the price of business - over 500 euros. And separately I was obliged to pay luggage. And you understand, when you fly within Europe at this rate you are not expecting them to be so miserable. Now, the seats in the aircraft are not changing position anymore. Actually, new seats are couple of cm thick to earn space and money. Food and water can only be purchased - total low-cost concept. But the worse was at check-in. First time in my life I was first person to check-in on this flight. And Iberia ground personnel was obliging us ( with my wife) to check in hand luggage ( with computer and fragile articles). She was very rough, almost angry with us. I didn’t understand her as we paid two suitcases and used only one. We were the first to check-in, but she behaved as we were the last passengers and it was her last chance. So, quite bad experience this time.

Date of travel: November 2018