“Some Good Some Bad”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We flew Premium Economy to Rome. The seats were fine and we had enough leg room. However, the food was pretty bad (we should have selected a special menu) and the rest rooms on the plane were disgusting. No one made any effort to clean them at least a little bit during the long flight. We had a connecting flight in Madrid and just barely made it after running through the airport to the next terminal with our carry-on luggage. Nobody was available or interested in providing any help, and this is inexcusable. Our luggage did not make the connection so we had to wait a day for it to arrive at our hotel

• Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (13 530)

117 - 121 of 13 530 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My dad had a flight from MEX-MAD on the 21.08.18, which was delayed for 4 hours, when he got to Madrid, because of the delay, he missed his connection MAD-PARIS (Orly). He had to wait 12 hours to take the flight MAD-PARIS (CDG), different airport, at 9:30pm. For all this, my dad missed his final flight PARIS (Orly)-LYON, so I had to pay accommodation in Paris and the train to Lyon on the 23.08.18. Besides the time he had to wait, he only got an €8.00 McDonald's voucher and a hygiene kit, he is over 60 and has diabetes... Luggage was obviously sent to Orly and then to Lyon, we received it on Friday.
The reason of the trip was my sister's wedding and in the end he got exhausted and lost more than 1 extra day travelling. The worst part comes here: when I tried to do the claim on their website, it was not possible as the "type of document" section was not working, I called over 5 times, explaining every time the case, getting questioned and being told that the website works, but then they actually confirmed that it wasn't working, that they reported it already and would work. Over 2 weeks problem was not fixed, so I requested an email address, they gave me one, to which I received a reply saying this email is only for medical matters, so called (again) and they told me to call luggage services, to which obviously they said it has nothing to do with them, was told to go to an Iberia desk, or in case of not having one close, an American Airlines or British Airways desk, I went there and I was told that they can't do anything, is all through the system and I had to call... Finally I got a 2nd email address, waited the 21 working days and called to get an update, and imagine my surprise, lady over the phone tells me that email address is no longer in use and I need to do the claim on the website...
This situation is SO FRUSTRATING, I emailed the CEO and still no answer, I don't know what else to do to claim something that it is my right. They don't seem to care about the customers, don't show any empathy and I'm just very upset with the whole situation.

• Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The service was so-so, but not worse than could be expected on a budget airline. However, the monitor in my seat was locked on the (very bright red) logo of the airline, and despite asking repeatedly, the flight stewardess and the flight steward did not address the problem. Never mind that I could not watch movies or anything else, the light from the logo was shining directly into my eyes from a very short distance. Yet another flight steward did finally attempt to re-set the monitor, without luck, and since the flight was fully booked, moving to another seat was not an option.

I has to use my blanket to cover the monitor and sleep in the cold as impossible. Repeated requests for another blanket was ignored.

To add insult to injury, on another flight, despite our having paid EXTRA to be able to choose our seats prior to online check-in, we found ourselves placed RIGHT AT THE BACK of the aircraft, and despite protests to the purser, we had to stay in those seats (our paid for - chosen seats occupied by someone else, and all other seats occupied) next to the aft galley, with flight stewardesses bumping into the aisle seat all night, with all the concomitant noise making sleep impossible.

Poor food offerings.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I travel by Iberia and had the worst experience from check in to on board service. The check in happens any time as the person at the desk arrives but does not mean starts service, then boarding is a complete disaster without any order, without a clear policy about carry on sizes and number of pieces by passenger, finally at the plain I asked why all storage spaces , including those above my seat, were taken by less than one third of the passengers and the flight attendant was so mad she answer very badly; as it could get worst being in row seven the food options were run out at the time we were offered sonething to eat.
This was a 3hours flight and pilot just spoke once tosay we will be arriving 25 minutes late and he blame the ground services at Edinburg. He said it was a disaster

As the plain lands half the passengers were pushing in the aisle to get out and catch a connecting flight leaving in "5 minutes".

Nothing was fine, at least we arrived alive but the experience was theworstforan international flight

1  Thank Rafael O
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have flownmany times and this was not exceptional but good. What can you say about being squeezed in a sardine can? Although when my traveling companion and I were on different sides of the plane, the flight attendant arranged for us to sit together. So, thank you for facilitating this small request