“Survived thanks to BA”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My partner and I have flown Iberia (or subsidiaries) ten times, all economy. The first was Washington Dulles to Madrid before 2013 because we could connect to Budapest with Malev (went belly up 2013) so it was long-haul Iberia proper, excellent service but mostly empty seats and that's what got Iberia into trouble until BA bought them and diverted most long-haul flights via Heathrow. The irony for us is we flew Iberia specifically to avoid Heathrow. Finnair is developing a similar pattern with BA.
In October 2015 we flew Iberia Express Madrid to Barcelona and everything was good, flight on time, used Iberia lounge in Madrid. October last year and again October 2017 we flew Iberia Budapest tp Madrid, 3 hours in their lounge which is good but limited food and drink options, then subsidiary Air Nostrum Madrid to Malaga, then one week later the exact reverse.
Iberia short haul (Budapest to Madrid is 3 hours) uses Airbus A319, 320 or 321 just like every other carrier with NO entertainment and they even make you pay for water. Not likely to go under financially but on the last flight I noticed no one bought anything.
Air Nostrum uses the CRJ 1000 which seats 100 in 25 rows of four A, C, D and F. They don't seem to be as concerned with on-time departure as big Iberia but the flight from Malaga to Madrid was scheduled 75 minutes and took 45 so who cares? If you are looking at close connections from Air Nostrum to another airline in Madrid including Iberia I would allow at least 90 minutes to get your baggage across, 2 hours if its not all within T4.
One thing we've noticed about all these flight is the staff seems very cheerful. Also if you can't snack before the flight and do buy food on-board its OK just expensive.

• Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviews (7 615)

54 - 58 of 7 615 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The personel working for this airlines is downright nasty!!! with the exception of one or two. Flight attendants seems to be out of training how to deal with the public. The airlines does not even provide adecuate accommodations. You have to pay for everything and even then, they are in short supply. The toilets are dirty and smell awful, seat arragements very tight. On friday Oct 13th,2017 in the morning their systems went down completely and no one knew what to do. Lines a half mile long, Missed my flights and have to seat for 8 hours for the next flights after handwriting tickets were given to pass security. No even an announcement or explanation to the public.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I went to the trouble of pre-booking and paying for seats on 4 flights with Iberia whilst in Spain. Didn't matter. They sat us anywhere they felt like and asking at check-in was ignored. We were stuck in the last row on opposite sides of the plain with another family of five all split up as well. We managed to get this sorted between us but totally amongst ourselves. We were non=Spanish and it is probably just a coincidence that the rear of the plane was made up of similar people. Legroom was cramped and there was no free drinks or snacks on the flight. It was all pay for stuff which is fine but most airlines at least offer tea and coffee. Airplanes looked tired and messy. Flight was OK though

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

That’s first sure the worst company
It’s possible to vote with a zero ?
Be sure I will never take it again

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I traveled quite a bit for work on US airlines [I have over 600,000 lifetime miles on United and I didn't join their frequent flier program when I first started traveling, nor did I always have a choice of airline]. Utilizing foreign carriers for travel has been a new experience since I retired and started traveling exclusively for pleasure. My flight from Madrid to Milan was reasonably priced and pleasurable enough. Everything went very smoothly from check-in to baggage claim. I have definitely added Iberia to the list of airlines I will consider for future travel.