“don't accept credit cards”
Review of Finnair

Reviewed 27 October 2021

I fail to book a fligth from Delhi with a credit card (BTW payment only accepted in local currency - i.e. rupees). When I call the company in Delhi they say they dont accept credits cards, whatever the CD. They suggest I pay with a bank transfer o go to a travel agent. So not only I have to pay in local currency but I am forced to pay with a bank transfer and bear all the associated costs. First time I face this situation when booking an airline ticket.

Date of travel: October 2021
Write a reviewReviews (7 623)

12 - 16 of 7 623 reviews

Reviewed 25 October 2021

I have always loved Finnair. I loved that our first vacation was back home to Finland aboard Finnair. Everything was amazing and I loved how strict the mask mandates and vaccination requirements were. The plane and bathrooms were so clean. My only complaint is the food. It has always been moderately ok, but OMG it was horrible this time. Pack your own food, because they really started giving out bad stuff.. Sorry Finnair :(

• In-flight Entertainment
Reviewed 12 October 2021

Our return flight was also operated with an Embraer 190 jet. During the online check-in, the exit row was still vacant and these seats could be chosen without an extra charge.

The normal price would have been 25 euros per seat. That is absolutely too much for a one-hour flight. There is about 10 cm more legroom than in the other rows.

Our flight was on time. The service was friendly.

2  Thank Mikael F
Reviewed 9 October 2021

Quite a nice airline to fly, with complimentary coffee, water, and blueberry juice. Wifi is quite expensive, though. The economy seats were also quite uncomfortable on this A320 aircraft (quite hard seats which make your back-side hurt after a few hours). A nice airline, but it can be a little overpriced, even if the service is good. If the quality and comfort of the seats were improved, I would give 5 stars, but because of this I will only give 4 at this time.

Date of travel: June 2021
    • In-flight Entertainment
Reviewed 5 October 2021

We bought inexpensive Economy Light tickets to Oulu at 85 euros per person. As Finnair Silver members, we are entitled to checked luggage for free. It makes the security checks much easier when you don't have all your belongings in the carry-on baggage.

This time also, we bought the lounge access as Finnair Silver members at 25 euros per person. Our flight departed at 12:30 and it was nice to have some lunch before the flight. However, the only warm option, a vegetarian dish was not to my taste. It was even worse than one week before.

The flight departed on time. Luckily, it was operated with an Embraer jet that is especially suitable for couples as the seats are 2+2. The service during the flight was friendly.

2  Thank Mikael F
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.