“Booked trip to USA during COVID-19 with FinnAir”
Review of Finnair

Reviewed 13 April 2021

I had problems getting my COVID-19 testing back in the USA in time for my flight. FinnAir said that I could not rebook on a later flight without paying an exorbitant fee. I ended up having to buy a new one way ticket on American Airlines instead. They also would not give me any credit or refund. Dealing with these folks felt like I was robbed. Fly on a more reputable airline!

Date of travel: April 2021
    • In-flight Entertainment
2  Thank OnAir775882
Write a reviewReviews (7 597)

26 - 30 of 7 598 reviews

Reviewed 20 March 2021

Unprofessional and rude behaviour of Finnair employees with zero level oh humanity and complete absence of willingness to solve the problem or help a customer. Terrible experience, which I do not want even to describe. Afterwards, could not reach anyone via customer service on the phone to rebook my flight for and hour. Payments on the website do not work with different cards. 0 points for everything. Hopefully, my last flight with this company. I would better walk :D

• In-flight Entertainment
1  Thank Evgenia A
Reviewed 9 March 2021

Very limited options for flying London - Copenhagen, so opted to try Finnair via Helsinki, as it was the quickest available route even with the 4 hour detour!
Good quality friendly service during difficult flying times.
Reserved seats on-line, with final checkin at the airport for Covid test checks.
15 minute delay on each leg - so not bad.
Biscuit and drink on flights - no real options, but much better than most other airlines.
Seats were OK.
A good airline that did its job - though it was a long detour!

Reviewed 5 March 2021

WARNING!! NEVER FLY WITH THEM!!
I was going ftom Copenhagen to riga with Finnair, to visit my partner for a month. Its corona times and I know its hard time to travel, so I dobbelt checked everything, including the formula I had to fill to get into Latvia. I had to transfer at Helsinki airport, where I had to wait 11 hours for my next flight. I knew this and it's was fine for me. After 3 hours sleep during the night I was so happy to wake up to catch the next plane, the sun was shining and soon I would be out in riga, I thought...
But at the boarding the guy asked what I had to do in Latvia. I answered I had to see my friend
- the guy; thats not a travelling option.
- me; me sorry, I ment my 'girlfriend, we also have to do some work together, and by the way I have the formula required.
- guy; step aside, go to my assistant.
...
- the assistant; we need documents.
- me; what kind of documents?
- TA; that she lives in Latvia.

... The assistants phone call and she pick it. I call my partner. After 2 minutes the assistant hang up.

- me; my partner is on the phone.
- the assistant; I can't talk on the phone.
- me; but what you want me to do?

After some time the assistant tell me to get a photo of my partners passport. I call my partner and tell he to send. She say it's gonna take a couple of minutes cause her countryside internet is slow.

- me; she gonna send it now
- the guy; we close gate in 3 minutes
- me; I Hanna have in in approx 2 min.
- guy; (straight away) we close in 1!
- me; but hey she IS sending it now!
- guy; we are closed (closing the gate)
- me; but I have it here (showing the picture of the passport I recived)
- guy; it too late, gate are closed.

I WAS IN SHOCK!!!
HE WAS SO ARROGANT!!

I went to complain, and was throwed around from person to person, had to wait hours between I could speak with the Finnair crew. The first person tells me that IT'S ALL WAYS THE CUSTOMERS FAULT, THE CUSTOMERSARE NEVER RIGHT (seriously!) That's their firm policy!!...
After hours I speak with the manager who tells that there is four days till a flight to Riga, but 36 hours to one to Copenhagen. I tell him that I can't stay in the airport for four days ( can't get out in Finland cause of restriction) so I choose to go back. I tell him I think they should give me the ticked back cause their crew screwed my travel. He say he has to check what the Latvian government have requested for them (thinking they were in there rights to refuse me). After checking the computer he looks straight away, saying 'arh, it's not easy times right now'. I answer 'NO, I know, but you screwed it up and I have to be here 36 hours more ( all ready been there for 16 hours). He refuse to pay my ticket (say he can't manage) so I pay it myself. I have to have my backpack with all my stuff trasfered to the flight to Copenhagen and he does this. He also prints my boarding pass and the when he gives it to me he also pass a check on 17euros I can use for food in the airport. He is smoking to me and saying ' so no trouble.

I'm still here now, six hours left, getting a bit crazy, but try to keep my head up. THIS REVIEW WAS WRITTEN TO LET GO OF SOME ANGER AND SHARE THIS KIND A FUNNY STORY (FUNNY for me because I love hard times, I don't think it would be funny for so many else:( ^^

Reviewed 15 February 2021

Disgusting customer service, avoid at all costs, worst customer service ice ever experienced, waste of money, horrible people, rude and non genuine, save your money and book elsewhere

Date of travel: February 2021
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.