“Good quality friendly service during difficult flying times”
Review of Finnair

Reviewed 9 March 2021

Very limited options for flying London - Copenhagen, so opted to try Finnair via Helsinki, as it was the quickest available route even with the 4 hour detour!
Good quality friendly service during difficult flying times.
Reserved seats on-line, with final checkin at the airport for Covid test checks.
15 minute delay on each leg - so not bad.
Biscuit and drink on flights - no real options, but much better than most other airlines.
Seats were OK.
A good airline that did its job - though it was a long detour!

Date of travel: March 2021
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (7 607)

33 - 37 of 7 607 reviews

Reviewed 5 March 2021

WARNING!! NEVER FLY WITH THEM!!
I was going ftom Copenhagen to riga with Finnair, to visit my partner for a month. Its corona times and I know its hard time to travel, so I dobbelt checked everything, including the formula I had to fill to get into Latvia. I had to transfer at Helsinki airport, where I had to wait 11 hours for my next flight. I knew this and it's was fine for me. After 3 hours sleep during the night I was so happy to wake up to catch the next plane, the sun was shining and soon I would be out in riga, I thought...
But at the boarding the guy asked what I had to do in Latvia. I answered I had to see my friend
- the guy; thats not a travelling option.
- me; me sorry, I ment my 'girlfriend, we also have to do some work together, and by the way I have the formula required.
- guy; step aside, go to my assistant.
...
- the assistant; we need documents.
- me; what kind of documents?
- TA; that she lives in Latvia.

... The assistants phone call and she pick it. I call my partner. After 2 minutes the assistant hang up.

- me; my partner is on the phone.
- the assistant; I can't talk on the phone.
- me; but what you want me to do?

After some time the assistant tell me to get a photo of my partners passport. I call my partner and tell he to send. She say it's gonna take a couple of minutes cause her countryside internet is slow.

- me; she gonna send it now
- the guy; we close gate in 3 minutes
- me; I Hanna have in in approx 2 min.
- guy; (straight away) we close in 1!
- me; but hey she IS sending it now!
- guy; we are closed (closing the gate)
- me; but I have it here (showing the picture of the passport I recived)
- guy; it too late, gate are closed.

I WAS IN SHOCK!!!
HE WAS SO ARROGANT!!

I went to complain, and was throwed around from person to person, had to wait hours between I could speak with the Finnair crew. The first person tells me that IT'S ALL WAYS THE CUSTOMERS FAULT, THE CUSTOMERSARE NEVER RIGHT (seriously!) That's their firm policy!!...
After hours I speak with the manager who tells that there is four days till a flight to Riga, but 36 hours to one to Copenhagen. I tell him that I can't stay in the airport for four days ( can't get out in Finland cause of restriction) so I choose to go back. I tell him I think they should give me the ticked back cause their crew screwed my travel. He say he has to check what the Latvian government have requested for them (thinking they were in there rights to refuse me). After checking the computer he looks straight away, saying 'arh, it's not easy times right now'. I answer 'NO, I know, but you screwed it up and I have to be here 36 hours more ( all ready been there for 16 hours). He refuse to pay my ticket (say he can't manage) so I pay it myself. I have to have my backpack with all my stuff trasfered to the flight to Copenhagen and he does this. He also prints my boarding pass and the when he gives it to me he also pass a check on 17euros I can use for food in the airport. He is smoking to me and saying ' so no trouble.

I'm still here now, six hours left, getting a bit crazy, but try to keep my head up. THIS REVIEW WAS WRITTEN TO LET GO OF SOME ANGER AND SHARE THIS KIND A FUNNY STORY (FUNNY for me because I love hard times, I don't think it would be funny for so many else:( ^^

Date of travel: March 2021
Reviewed 15 February 2021

Disgusting customer service, avoid at all costs, worst customer service ice ever experienced, waste of money, horrible people, rude and non genuine, save your money and book elsewhere

Date of travel: February 2021
Reviewed 7 February 2021

I booked on 08/01/2021 to go with Finnair from Manchester to Helsinki, after 20 days I have received an email from Finnair to notify me that they have changed the return flight (inbound flight) to bring it one day earlier plus the time was changed too and they've attached the new schedule, so far it was acceptable, but then when I went to catch my flight (outbound flight), surprisingly I was told that I came late because they've changed the outbound flight time even though I was not informed about that, plus they have changed the regulations related to covid, as it says at the time when I booked it that every traveller will be tested in Helsinki when they arrive, then on 28th they imposed on travellers to have covid test certificate before getting on the plane which is a massive difference compared to the first regulations, obviously it will deter the travellers who paid their tickets to proceed with their planned journey, what really shocked me is that when they have emailed me to tell me about the changes related to the return flight, why did they not tell me about the changes on the outbound flight too?, furthermore since they have changed the regulations related to coved which is really essential to every traveller, why didn't they mentioned it on their email they've sent me on the same day new regulations came out?. this is truly unacceptable and it shows how much negligent and unorganised airlines Finnair is.

Date of travel: February 2021
1  Thank allawymin
Reviewed 13 December 2020

Our return flight went quickly. It landed in Helsinki 20 minutes ahead of the schedule.

We had prepurchased seats on the first row. In the Embraer 190, it means plenty of legroom. More than in the narrow-bodied Airbuses.

The service was friendly.

Date of travel: December 2020
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
2  Thank Mikael F
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.