“Very disappointing service”
Review of Finnair

Reviewed 7 February 2021

I booked on 08/01/2021 to go with Finnair from Manchester to Helsinki, after 20 days I have received an email from Finnair to notify me that they have changed the return flight (inbound flight) to bring it one day earlier plus the time was changed too and they've attached the new schedule, so far it was acceptable, but then when I went to catch my flight (outbound flight), surprisingly I was told that I came late because they've changed the outbound flight time even though I was not informed about that, plus they have changed the regulations related to covid, as it says at the time when I booked it that every traveller will be tested in Helsinki when they arrive, then on 28th they imposed on travellers to have covid test certificate before getting on the plane which is a massive difference compared to the first regulations, obviously it will deter the travellers who paid their tickets to proceed with their planned journey, what really shocked me is that when they have emailed me to tell me about the changes related to the return flight, why did they not tell me about the changes on the outbound flight too?, furthermore since they have changed the regulations related to coved which is really essential to every traveller, why didn't they mentioned it on their email they've sent me on the same day new regulations came out?. this is truly unacceptable and it shows how much negligent and unorganised airlines Finnair is.

Date of travel: February 2021
1  Thank allawymin
Write a reviewReviews (7 611)

38 - 42 of 7 611 reviews

Reviewed 13 December 2020

Our return flight went quickly. It landed in Helsinki 20 minutes ahead of the schedule.

We had prepurchased seats on the first row. In the Embraer 190, it means plenty of legroom. More than in the narrow-bodied Airbuses.

The service was friendly.

Date of travel: December 2020
2  Thank Mikael F
Reviewed 8 December 2020

One month before our departure, the aircraft was changed from Airbus 321 to Embraer 190.

Our prepurchased exit row seats were changed from row 10 to row 11. The legroom was excellent although less than on A321 where is a proper door in front of row 10.

The flight was on time and the service was friendly.

Date of travel: December 2020
3  Thank Mikael F
Reviewed 29 November 2020

Finnair discriminates against transgenders. I had a terrible experience with a number of Finnair employees laughing me the moment they saw me at Check-In. I was running late and they on top of that then sent me errantly to the wrong airline check-in stations 3x in a row while laughing -- to the extent that the wrong airline check-in station attendants got pissed off at them. By the time I got back to them and they admitted to being the right check-in station, they then told me I was late and only a manager can check me in at that point. "Okay, where's the manager?" " Oh, he just left, you just missed him." Resume their laughter.

Honestly, the whole thing was deplorable. Of course 40 minutes later my plane took off without me. I had to immediately purchase another flight to Japan so as to not mess up my entire per-arranged 3 week itinerary.

I would later call Finnair about the whole thing and asking them to look into the matter or do something so something like this is avoided in the future. Their response to me (after some back and forth) was basically people like me shouldn't fly Finnair again. I was shocked at this and wanted to make sure this ignorance was just that of one Finnair Rep, so I reached out to the CEO's office -- all he did was forward me to that same Finnair Rep. In other words, clearly Finnair top-to-bottom couldn't care less.

Since I respect myself I definitely don't see myself flying Finnair ever again.

Date of travel: December 2019
    • In-flight Entertainment
3  Thank mega1_9_7_5
Reviewed 20 November 2020

Flying during Covid we knew would be a challenge and our expectation were very low. But it did not even reach the lowest of all possible standards. It started with Finnair moving out departure from Hong Kong from shortly after midnight to late morning, resulting in us having to spend a night in Hong Kong airport (immigration into HKG was not allowed). OK we thought, we are flying business class so surely Finnair would ensure a business class lounge would be open. What a mistake, we ended up sleeping in the airport waiting area. After we made it on the flight from Hong Kong to Helsinki we were asked for our choice for lunch to be served in a few hours. So by lunch time we were told that they run out of our lunch choice. Only being about 5 people in the business class, we found that very strange and asked again. We were then told that the cockpit crew ate our lunch. In Finnair, it is important that the employees do get their choice of food and the full paying customers get what is left. The trip went on with some more appalling events and even when we complaint later to their customer care, not even an explanation and apology was provided. Well, we have learnt our lesson, never again Finnair

Date of travel: August 2020
2  Thank Roger W
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.