“Excellent way to fly from Seattle to Bali”
Review of EVA Air

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Traveling multiple times a year from Seattle to Bali for my business Drishti Journeys, this is the most convenient and affordable way to travel for me and my guests. Excellent service and amenities, even in Economy Class with plenty of leg room. I like that there are no hidden fees and 2 checked bags allowed in addition to carry on.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (4 378)

350 - 354 of 4 378 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Once again I flew Eva from London to Thailand return. This was the third time in less than a year.
We left London at the end of May was a couple of hours late as we had to change a wheel on the plane and then there was a very bad storm, but we made up some of the time and it was no big deal as we were staying at an airport hotel in Bangkok for a night before our flight to Phuket.
Checked in for the return journey to London I got to the gate and was asked to wait.... then I was given a upgrade to Premium Economy, which was very nice as i was feeling down as my girlfriend lives in Thailand.
It was a very nice seat with plenty of room to move, even with the very big chop in the next seat along!
A good flight back to London, on time, only to be let down at Heathrow with long passport checking waiting times and longer for the bags, oh well it's London now more third world than the third world.
I was actually going to book Thai on my next trip because of the earlier flight times but with Eva upgrade I will continue and have already booked for 27th Nov and got a good price £499 return.

2  Thank Steven77110
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I was upgraded to premium economy at the check-in counter. Boarding was very efficient and the ground staffs were all very friendly. Shortly after takeoff, the lovely flight attendant started delivering the menu and wet towel (not the super thin kind that you'll get in a restaurant but a real towel that one can actually reuse). The meal was excellent but definitely not the best flight meal I've ever get either on Eva or other airlines. One thing that Eva really stands out from other airlines is their beverage selection though I only got apple juice (got to work on the next day so... no alcohol) I was asked a couple times if I want to refill the juice during and after the meal. That might be a small move yet it made me feel like they care if I enjoy the flight. They also served you water and juice with tray before landing. On the other hand, the blanket is the best I've ever seen on any flight (well, let's just not talk about the blanket of any long haul flight in business or first class). It is hard to say what's so good about the blanket but anyway it's super comfortable. Overall, it was a great experience and I can't wait to fly with them again.

1  Thank Kevin Y
Reviewed 27 June 2018

BR 857 is an old A330. Hence the seats and legroom are spacious. I read online reviews that Eva was one of the few airlines that served hot meals for this TPE-HKG short sector. I flew during dinner and came on board with this expectation, only to be disappointed that dinner was just a cold chicken noodle. Quite unpalatable. No dessert. The only hot thing was coffee or tea. Seems like they have adopted the practice of other airlines and have lowered their service standards.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

When we flew in to LAX from TPE with Eva, everything was good. It was a Hello Kitty plane, and they served 2 meals with a mid flight snack (tuna croissant). On our 13hr flight back, there was lunch after take off, and nothing for the next 10hrs where a light meal was served. For some reason, this flight had no mid flight snack. I went to the galley and all I got were some dry biscuits. No sandwiches, instant noodles, fruit, cereal bars etc. The galley's poorly stocked! I can't believe they could be given a 5 star rating. Not to mention their B777-300ER was a very cramped 10 abreast seating.