“An okay flight!”
Review of Eurowings

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our flight was part of a package tour so we didn’t know what was included. Later we’ve found out that food was included but it was definitely very basic and a tiny portion. We had to pay 9,90 Euro for the entertainment package for each screen. The choices are ok. Some kids entertainment was included. It was an overnight flight and we were sitting in the back of the plane so it was pretty cold. If you wanted a pillow or a blanket you had to pay for it. The flight was an hour late. (Btw the outbound flight was more than 3 hours late). The flight overall was uneventful. The flight attendants could have been nicer. Overall not the best but definitely not the worst experience.

Date of travel: January 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (6 868)

54 - 58 of 6 868 reviews

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Roundtrip service VIE-FCO in early January, BASIC fare class, total roundtrip price 38€ (!!!); no checked baggage, allowed to take a carry-on bag (8kg) along with a backpack on board.

OUTBOUND:
6:10AM departure from Vienna on time. At the gate, they did not ask any questions about luggage or measure the weight/size thereof. (Maybe because the plane was quite empty - still a big plus as opposed to Ryanair or Wizz Air horror stories.)
Plane clean and plenty of legroom, flight attendants polite and courteous. No service included in BASIC fare (not even water or coffee), but that's alright for a short 1h 20min flight. All in all a 9/10 experience.

INBOUND:
Late evening departure from Rome delayed by 45 mins - no information for passengers whatsoever - not on the displays, not online, gate attendants chatting with each other and annoyed when being asked about flight status. (I think it is quite weird to indicate a flight is "on time" when boarding has not even commenced at the time of scheduled depature.) While boarding, we got stuck inside the jet bridge for approximately 15 minutes in -6 C temperatures - not a nice experience when already being delayed.
Flight attendants on this flight very unfriendly, not a single smile, overheard them chatting in German and complaining about a passenger who would not stay seated. Even though it was a half empty plane again and they had next to no job to do in-flight. Oh, and they could not wait to rush off the plane upon landing. Not professional at all.
All in all a 5/10 experience.

ENTERTAINMENT: WiFi available for a surcharge, but I liked the free flight tracking app a lot. Connect to the free WINGS network in-flight and track the altitude, speed and heading - might comfort nervous flyers a lot!

VALUE FOR MONEY: Definitely yes and definitely a better option than Ryanair or Wizz Air in all aspects. I would (and I will) definitely fly them again!

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank tamaspetenyi1
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Travel from Düsseldorf to miami on the 22nd December.. Got to the airport 3 hours early so we could check-in, get some breakfast and some magazines for the flight.. Checkin took over 2 hour, first to passport check and one million questions, then got to the Checkin counter which we had Checked in online already and told the person we only need our bags check in. She deside to recheck us in her system, so after rushing to the gate to board after another million questions the final boarding person said we are double checked in so please step aside while they sort it anorher 40 minutes later with just about everyone on board now, he said we might not make the flight due to the double booking their connection to US emigration was not letting us board the flight.. After another 20 minutes phone call to the US emigration we were allowed to board the flight.. When we checked in online we were all seating together after they checked us in we had 2 together and 1 two rows back.. Asked if possible to sit together, flight attendant said no, while on a toilet break during the flight they were rows with only 1 person sitting in it.. In flight eurowings charge you for everything except the use of the toilets.. My first and last flight with them..

1  Thank fletch305
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

What a horrible experience.
My Flight from Barcelona to Stuttgart was delayed due to a technical problem, thus I missed my connecting flight to Prishtina. I went to the front desk, and all they do is give me a card of an airline from Kosovo to rebook with them. Am like, are you freaking kidding me? you just ruined my trip and don’t even wanna bother to rebook me in a next flight? I had to make a big deal about it, until the manager came and as they should have done initially, booked my in a flight the next day. I was so upset they didn’t even offer a bottle of water having caused so much inconvenience! I booked myself another flight from Sturggart to Prishtina the same day to attend a family event! Emailed the company, and they don’t feel like they did anything wrong! Still waiting on getting my refund!
Never fly with them, let them go bankrupt!

1  Thank kimiukaj
Reviewed 10 January 2019

Our flight was interrupted at Düsseldorf ..we should have flown at 14.15 on 16/12/18.due to a technical issue we didn’t fly until 06.00 on the 17/12/2018. After missing a days holiday, I have sent three separate emails with no response in any form.
Just want the compensation we are due.....

Date of travel: December 2018
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)