“First use of Etihad”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My first introduction to Etihad was the desk clerk. I had waited for 90 mins (with everyone else) and to be spoken to as he spoke to me wasn't helpful at the beginning of what was a lot of flying. He spoke quickly then said I would have to hurry because the plane was boarding. No it wasn't! In fact I had to wait another 30 minutes after going through security before the gate number came up.
I had booked and paid for a specific seat on all four flights (after checking which type of plane and layout it was) and not once did I sit in the seat area that I had paid for as they were different plane models and the layouts were different.
The food was awful. And the flight from Manchester and then from Abu Dhabi to Melbourne I had practically the same meal ...... the food had no redeeming factors at all.
The air stewards were very helpful on the Manchester to Abu Dhabi leg but on the follow on flight, they did everything they had to do but you had to practically stick your foot out to get their attention.
Not too impressed.

1  Thank Sue C
EtihadHelp, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Sue, thanks for sharing your detailed review. I am sorry to hear that your first journey with us did not go as well as you had hoped.We have noted down all the points from your feedback and will forward the details to our team for their information and review. *Nic

Write a ReviewReviews (12 836)

266 - 270 of 12 836 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Food was the worst I had in last 20 years on airplane. Almost the same on 2 consecutive flights, not heated enough, no bread with breakfast, . We had to wait 20 hours in Abu Dhabi but didnt get any food voucher!!! Explenation: there was one flight in the mean time, but when we booked we didnt find that option- perhaps it was booked? Also we had to take long bus ride at the airport as plane was far away from the terminal. Staff at their complain counter was slow, nonefficient, non friendly...

Date of travel: February 2019
2  Thank izif_37

Hi Izif, thanks for sharing your review. I am disappointed to hear that your recent travel did not meet with your expectations on this occasion. We will certainly share your comments with our team. *Nic

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Flights were fine (A380 very smooth), on time and good cabin staff. Entertainment was average. Luggage made it fine in spite of a short transfer on may home.

The only real negative is Abu Dhabi airport (Etihad's hub) which is very busy and a simple transfer becomes a bit of an ordeal. This is not helped by the very busy business lounge. The business lounge at LHR was also busy. The flights are usually well priced but better lounges and easier transfers can be found with their competitors.

• Check-in and boarding

Hi there, thanks for sharing you review with us. We have gratefully noted all of your feedback and will certainly pass on the details to our teams. Hope to fly with you again soon. *Nic

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We take Etihad to fly DUS - SIN and BKK - DUS via Abu Dhabi. Ist was the cheapest flights (compared to other five star airlines) with a reasonable duration time (compared Chinese Airlines).
All in all it was very average. Best part was AUH - SIN with the new Dreamliner. Very comfortable, a lot of free seats and thus relaxed flight.
The other flights couldn’t match the quality of Emirates, SingaporeAirlines or Cathey Pacific. The interior was used, the cabin feeling was tight and the service had problems to cater the card (run out with meals and drinks).
So it wasn‘t a catastrophic experience but Etihad has to be the cheapest offer to be booked again.

Date of travel: October 2018
    • Value for money

Hi Nicolai, thanks for sharing your review. We certainly appreciate your honest and open review and will be sure to share your feedback. I hope that we can welcome you back onboard again the near future. *Nic

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Excellent flight , very clean and tidy. everything is already sorted by the time you are your seat. Flight attendants were very helpful and friendly.

Only downside is this airline charges for each seat selection which is a bit sad, as for normal economy seats, there is no need do it, but again it's their way of getting some extra revenue.

• Check-in and boarding

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to share your review. I am delighted to hear that you had such a good flight with us recently. I will be sure to share your comments regarding our baggage policy with the team for their review. Hope we can welcome you onboard again soon :) *Nic