“Business Class on a Boeing 787”
Review of Ethiopian Airlines

Reviewed 18 February 2018

On this flight Business class was 2-2-2 seating. It is a long flight going against the jet-stream so we had to refuel in Dublin which added a coupe of hours to the flight. However, we didn't have to get off while refueling (as used to be true in a lot of foreign airports). I saw many people use the entertainment system which seemed to have an extensive selection, but all we wanted to do was to eat, drink, and sleep - the plane departing at 11pm from Addis. We wanted to watch the map display, but it was not working on our monitors - although it was working on the monitors of other passengers.

The food offerings were good to excellent (although we both passed on the Injera - an Ethiopian staple - that we had had a number of times in our 3 weeks in Ethiopia, and were a little tired of (although it is said to be very healthy)..

1  Thank Gogocar
Write a ReviewReviews (2 731)

344 - 348 of 2 731 reviews

Reviewed 18 February 2018

The seating in Business Class as 2-3-2 meaning the seats were a little narrow (for me - a fairly large person at 215lbs and 5'10". The seat-to-seat distance was not too large either, so the seat back in the horizontal position had something of a slope, so there was a tendency to slide down, but then the feet went into a fairly narrow space that was a little tight for them. I didn't get much sleep on the trip (although my wife, who is much shorter and smaller had no trouble with sleep). On the return trip (flight 500) the plane was a Boeing 787 with seating 2-2-2 so the seats were a little wider and the seat-to-seat spacing seemed to be better. On that plane the best seats were probably in row 1, since the space for the feet, which didn't have to fit between the seats in front, was much larger. I don't know if that was true of the Airbus 777-200LR, but next time I would definitely opt for row 1.

The food was good to excellent, and there was a reasonable entertainment system, although we didn't use it

1  Thank Gogocar
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

I got the ticket from another company and they had combined flight with Ethiopian airlines from Frankfurt to Addis. It was worst experience i had. Plane was very confortable but stuff were very rude and service was very bad. Normally very first person you see when you enter a plane smiles and welcomes you, when we get in the plane, first thing i heard was "your ticket" i didn t quite understand what she means. All the way from beginning to end this is how they communicate you. I am not sure if i have heard please, thank you or any similar phases at all. Most of the time i felt that i am doing something or and someone is mad at me. And i am never a demanding customer, really! There no explanation on anything, i had Amharic speaking friend with me, i checked with him in case it is language issue but no, they just have no idea what service means. But i do not really blame the individuals, i asked around little bit when i was in the country and it was claimed that all personal are underpaid, they work very long hours and there is no proper trainings!! So it is very much management issue and they have to solve it right away!
After this flight, on return, i really thank to ever stuff of another company and i was very much thankfull everytime when day smile and help me. Maybe i own Ethiopian airlines a thank you, that they help me understand how these details are important

Reviewed 17 February 2018

service ,food and interaction with the staff was excellent, its make me to come back again to travel with Ethiopin airlines

2  Thank Mohamed G
Reviewed 16 February 2018

Although getting in touch with the airlines was not easy, nor did they answer my emails, the actual flight was very pleasant. The plane was modern, although well-travelled. What impressed us mostly was: the incredible service supplied by the flight attendants who were constantly busy serving travellers, and keeping the bathrooms clean--yes you heard right. On most domestic flights, especially American domestic, the bathrooms are horrible, and I dread visiting them. 6 visits to the same bathroom in 13 hours, and honestly very clean. Also, the travellers themselves, as a group, were so quiet, and not demanding, it was an absolute pleasure. We left on time, arrived on time. The airport in Addis Ababa was not so comfortable, but again the flight left on time, and the attendants were courteous and hard-working, dressed beautifully and immaculately. This is Star Alliance, so now we understand that means meeting certain levels of safety and service. The food was just as regular airline food, so we always bring our own sandwiches just in case, but great coffee.
Our luggage was routed all the way to its destination, and was there waiting for us upon arrival at our final destination. Bravo Ethiopian airlines!

3  Thank Ellen B