“EMIRATES NEVER AGAIN. BAD POLICIES”
Review of Emirates

Reviewed 11 June 2024

Booked a nonstop flight in March 2024 for one person economy class June 18 until September 18, paid $1556. I booked way in advance figured I would get the best price. Wrong very wrong. A week before the flight I checked again and now it was $1247!! About a $310 difference! A friend of ours also leaving on the same day but with United checked her flight, it was $250 less she called United and United graciously refunded them $250. We called Emirates three different times three different agents. We got the same story we don’t give back refunds. We’re having a special now because the flight is not full. Well that’s not my problem. Maybe if your flights were cheaper in the beginning it would’ve been full they would not budge they would not upgrade they wouldn’t do anything. It is what it is is basically what I got and all three of them had attitude on the phone.

This will be our last time flying emirates never again. Their policies are not good. Maybe these policies work in the Middle East they don’t work well in America. They should’ve done something somebody booking at the last minute. Got a much better deal than I did , a loyal customer from three months ago, ridiculous goodbye Emirates. It’s too bad because the staff on the plane is wonderful. The food is wonderful. The seating is wonderful , Ticket policies , Management & customer support ? not so good !

Reviews (65 393)

106 - 110 of 65 393 reviews

Reviewed 10 June 2024

We had one of the worst pre-boarding experience at JFK. Reached at the check-in line at 7:30 pm for 11 pm flight. We already did the online check-in. Still asked wait in line. At around 8:30 pm they randomly split the line and send us to another line and rest behind us to kiosk to print boarding pass. Despite telling multiple time we w already did the online check in we were told everybody has to go through same process when I am looking at people who are directed to the kiosk. We were told we are punished because we have 5 bags another said it is because we are traveling with family. Priority is to people traveling light. It is a complete joke.

Reviewed 10 June 2024

Our journey started in April 20 Toronto, destination New Delhi, India. First layover in Montreal Flight number: AC0480, Second layover Dubai flight number: EK244.
My wife and I arrived in New Delhi April 21st, and for our surprise my baggage wont. My first action was to check in my cell phone where it was using a tracking mode by Air tag, the air tag was in the Baggage and at that moment I saw the exact location in Dubai airport. I went to the mishandled baggage, filled up the customs form for mishandled baggage before I left the New Delhi airport, The employee told me the baggage will be located as soon as possible and will be delivery in my hotel. I gave to him the address and date where I would be in India until April 29. At the same day April 21 I sent a e-mail for Mhbdelek@emirates.com explain my lost.
Next day April 22 the baggage was send to New Delhi airport as the air tag was showing but no buddy called to give me this information. Next day April 23 I called Emirates to get some information about delivery as day and time, unsuccessfully. I was oriented to send other e-mail with more information as pictures and reference number, than I sent again to Mhbdelek@emirates.com, and informing my reference number DELA1579204.
Day April 24th no return. With out any assistance I decided to call again, and the employee told me the baggage was in Montreal, I had to inform him what was happening, no success again. I just give up at that time, and the situation was getting worse. Many e-mails and call without coherent answers, at that time I understood, the company Fly Emirates doesn’t really care about their customers.
This uncomfortable situation lasted until April 29 my last day in India them my wife and I decided to change our trip, we pay to go back to New Delhi again and try to find by our own the baggage. In the airport we spent about 2 hrs looking for someone to help us and explaining this situation for every employee who would help me and showing where it was. Terminal 3 as the air tag was showing us.
Finally after almost 2hrs they founded, the baggage was dirty and in bad conditions, at this point I had 2 options, start complaining and loose my next flight or just accept and sign the paper where was explicit saying ( the bags was in good condition.) even though it wasn’t, I was tired and exhaust to fight more. I just give up and left this nightmare.
This dream vacation result in a dissatisfaction, using the same clothing during all this time, washing my underwear at the hotel sink every day. Embarrassing situations where I wasn’t able to get in because I wasn’t using proper vests. At any time the company Emirates call me or anything.
This company Fly emirates do not loose just one more baggage they definitely ruined my dream.
Now I do not expect anything less than the refund for this situation that themselves created because my time and in satisfaction will be forever in my mind.

Date of travel: April 2024
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 10 June 2024

I'm not Penelope Cruz nor do I have her budget so I flew Economy. I must say that I was disappointed. Ok there is more legroom and the Entertainment platform offers many options however food was at best ok and on the return flight, bad. I was happy to have my cereal bars with me as I couldn't take the uncooked chicken anymore (and I don't eat meat). As to the stewardess, on the way from MTL to Dubai, they were adorable, advising us to move to empty rows to relax more etc. But on the way back from Dubai to MTL, there were loads of empty rows, still in Economy but in another section and the stewardess forbade me to move mid-flight saying that the seats were reserved???? The covers and pillows were still in their bags on the seats!!! Also, during a 13h flight, they don't distribute enough water. Finally, I really don't understand Emirates upgrading system. 2 days before the flights, they offered to upgrade all 4 of us for a hefty 11 000 CAD, but when my husband asked how much it would be for 1 person, they said it was us 4 on all segments or nothing and to ask during check-in. At check-in, the price was 2 000 CAD for 1 person 1 segment which was more expensive in comparison than 2 days ago. My husband asked when boarding as the business seats were mostly empty and the price there was 3 000 USD!! So clearly, they'd rather have empty seats than upgrade people for a reasonable price... Don't get it.

Reviewed 9 June 2024

Amazing experience, 10/10 customers service, kind and professional staff. I used to travel with Avianca every year but nothing compares with Emirates. Every single person should have the opportunity to enjoy the experience. Thank you for bringing the best airline to Colombia.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.