“Pleasant , Friendly,Welcoming, Personable, Hospitable Service for a Family Trip”
Review of Emirates

Reviewed 20 July 2018

My first choice carrier was Emirates, Very presentable always. helpful, we were traveling with 2 kids ( 2 & 4 yrs) from meals to refreshments. unbelievable service. especially A380 is the best for a long journey. My 1st & best experience was one of the Air hostesses from Sydney Bondi went above and beyond to keep my daughter happy and calm even took an effort to put her hat on my daughters head and took photos. this is I am talking about when my daughter was 2yrs. I still have those photos, which we will share with her when she became a big girl. I have traveled in 2015, 2016 & 2018 ( To Srilanka, Dubai, Swiss )

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (41 521)

3 312 - 3 316 of 41 521 reviews

Reviewed 20 July 2018

I'll start off by saying that I've never flown Emirates before. In all my years of traveling and flying, I never made it my priority to fly this high-rated airline. Then, as I browsed for tickets to Colombo back in 2017, I heard about the sale and sprung at the opportunity, eager to sample this titan of an airline that, besides the pricey cost, I had heard no negativity from.
Now, although I do travel a lot, I'm not excessively wealthy so we did fly economy which was still a great experience AND didn't cost $21,000, which was a serious plus for us (it meant we could splurge more during the actual trip). The economy was still very nice and possibly the best economy class I've ever been in, just to give you a picture of how nice it was.
As soon as you get on the flight, you're given a thoughful pouch filled with amenities that would normally be used on a long distance flight. These include a sleeping mask, ear plugs, and fluffy socks, as well as another thing that escapes my mind right now. Given that I usually misplace those items as I'm packing, this meant a lot to me, and I have to give the airline props for that.
I wasn't traveling with kids, but since I was traveling with someone who has just passed the age division that would be classified as youth but still looked somewhat childish, they were offered a kids pack filled with magazines, trinkets, and more from what I glimpsed. Looking back, they should've taken it so that I could take a look and during this review, discuss it more. But in general, Emirates is great for kids!
The meals were delicious. They usually consisted of options between vegetarian meal, fish, and either chicken or beef as the other meat. The meal was delicious and yet another unique thing about the airline, they gave little packets filled with spices (salt, pepper, sugar when tea came around) as well as a packet for the silverware. Another well-thought-of bonus and a plus one in my book.
The entertainment was excellent. There were all the current movies as well as dozens of classics, games, songs, and software to track the flight and how it was doing. This equipment was incredible although for most of our flight, the below camera was malfunctioning. There were so many different ways you could view the plane, as well as our location. The one downside of this was that you couldn't move around on the map (zoom in/zoom out) on your own, the only way was the programmed autozoom.
The staff was amazing. Everyone was very nice, accommodating, and calm (kudos to the tea carrier for not throwing a fit after I asked for more every fifteen to thirty minutes). Compared to some flights I've been on, with other airlines that were mainly domestic, where I've even been scared to ask for water or where they snarl in your face (mainly domestic airlines), this was incredible!
Finally, the other thing my title boasts, the A380 experience. It's not even the feel of riding a double decker plane that enthralled me. It was the engine...The walls of the plane were relatively soundproof so it wasn't the sound, but the physical features and the impressive functioning. It was also massive, about 300 seats and took a solid 2 minutes to get to the top. And my favorite part of this unique A380 was the landing. It wasn't a shudder or even a noticeable bump. One of my companions even slept through it. It was a gentle tap, so smooth.
In conclusion, Emirates is an incredible airline and I definitely recommend. It is personally one of my top 5 so take my word when I say that your flight will be just as incredible!

1  Thank Greenpizzakid
Reviewed 20 July 2018

Shared flight with Qantas, hence had the opportunity to fly with Emirates. Was excited by its reputation, somewhat let down. Boarding was according to sections, understandable arrangement. But was announced by staff at counter without PA. All crowded in front, what a mess! Last 2 front sectors (where I was seated) boarded late due to intermittent late comers of back sections. Service was mediocre. Meal was not good. Cutlery was metallic, but plastic cups for drinks were of lesser quality; with sharp lip cutting rim. Blankets were collected before descend, frantic activity by crew, another mess. Info entertainment system was not so user friendly.

1  Thank BenIQIQ
Reviewed 19 July 2018

I had traveled on 3/7/18 from Dubai to Vienna on A 380.

The flight was very comfortable & the cabin service was average not to the high expectation from what Emirates offer.
The landing was very smooth & the flights took off & landed on time.

Reviewed 19 July 2018

I loved the inclusiveness of the different nationalities of the crew and the foundation work. The menus were also varied and tasty. The intervals were also just right. The seat width and leg room for the Dubai Lusaka return leg was really noticeable as the seats were smaller, not much leg room and the touch screens needed tapping several times.

The 'Airshow' cameras were a true highlight for me, especially on the Airbus 380.