“Decent flight, Poor Customer Service”
Review of Copa Airlines

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I frequently use Copa and have to say that the planes are clean and that they have very on-time departure and arrival times. A big issue with them is the customer experience from a support perspective. I left my carry on by accident on the place and there is no way to access customer service to be able to know the location. They have a very outdated form on their website to submit these types of claims but it is a far cry from even the ones used by US Airlines which we know are not the paragon of customer service. At this point I need my carry on, especially because I have very important medications there and they provide no number to assist.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (7 438)

61 - 65 of 7 438 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Flew from Dulles to Panama City. Flight was on time. Service was good as well as the food was good. We departed and arrived in Panama on time. Airline did have good movie selections.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The flight attendants were nice, and were there to help if I needed help with anything. the flight itself was terrible. The place was HOT, the seats were far too small (im not a big guy, 5'10", 170lbs) my girlfriend ended up getting sick. Not due to motion sickness or altitude sickness, but rather due to how hot it was on the flight. we nearly missed our connecting flight due to the captain circling around the Panama airport. Then! on the way home, we missed our connecting flight entirely because they had to change tires.

1  Thank Christian C
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The flight from Panama to Rio was fabulous. Even with economy seating, the on board individual entertainment center was great. Loved the selection of movies , games, music and the USB chords for charging was top notch. To take it to the next level, I hope they will consider WIFI purchase in the future. Meals were good and service was good. Onboarding went smooth. The reason why it is not 5 stars is that the flights from Panama to DC was not the same. I wish they had the same entertainment system for that flight. It makes a HUGE difference in flying 5 hours.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I realized that there was a problem with the name of my cousins ticket on the day of our flight. I immediately called Copa's customer service and told them about this problem. They said it might be too late to fix this, but I would have to email a separate department right away and pay $50 for the change. It was spelled EmmanuAl instead of EmmanuEl.
I emailed that department and did not get a response so I was just hoping they could help us at the airport. The reps at the airport helped me out right away and when I told them that they had told me over the phone that I would have to pay $50 for the change, they looked at me funny. I wasn't charged anything and my problem got fixed. So the people at the airport were great, but the customer service over the phone was not.

The flight itself was great. The staff was very attentive. Food was given twice on our flight. I dont eat meat and every meal they gave had meat so I couldnt eat anything. Entertainment wasnt the best, but it was great to have some free movies and games. Economy class seats are not spacious. But overall, the flight and experience was not as bad as I thought it would be after reading some reviews.