“Delays irritating”
Review of Condor

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We had nothing but delays on this trip. 1st flight delayed because of fueling issues. Hustled through Frankfurt Airport to try to get to our connection (with a 6 y old child no less). Needn’t have bothered because we still had to wait in line for 20 minutes past when boarding was to be completed. Then sat on the tarmac at Seattle for 45 minutes because there were only 2 spaces for international flights to unload and both were occupied. The entertainment system kept freezing up for the 1st 1/3 of the flight as well. The flight to Germany had been ok but there was a delay in leaving as well. Harder to tolerate when coming home from a tiring trip

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (4 994)

387 - 391 of 4 994 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018

After purchasing a reward ticket through Alaska Airlines and noting that the international flights were on Condor Airlines (Thomas Cook), I immediately went to Trip Advisor to read reviews. Then I was apprehensive. The first leg of trip was from Seattle to Frankfurt. Nothing special, and no complaints. Return was from Frankfurt direct to Anchorage and was a different experience, for good and bad. We were three hours late in boarding because of a "lack of a cleaning crew." While we waited, I took advantage of upgrading to Premium Economy for 9 Euros, and I am so glad I did. The food was outstanding! The very best food I have ever had on an airline, bar none, and I have been on all seven continents. Everything went well, the staff was helpful and friendly, the flight uneventful. The only complaint I have is the difficulty of contacting the airline as the offices are in Germany. It took forever to make seat selections before my initial flight.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I flew from San Diego to Frankfurt with a stopover in Minneapolis. The only reason I did not give it a top rating was because of the difficulty checking in online...I couldn’t. Talking to a couple of other passengers they had the same difficulty and had to call in. Another small issue was that despite paying for premium economy the first flight was on a no frills airline - Sun Country - and there was nothing premium about that flight - it wasn’t a big deal though as it was a relatively short flight. The counter person for Sun Country tried to charge me for both my carry on and checked luggage, but that issue was quickly resolved. Paying for premium economy was well worth the extra leg space, free entertainment and what I would describe as some excellent airline food. The staff on the plane were excellent too and I would definitely recommend! One last bummer - I left my laptop on he plane...dumb move/my fault, I didn’t notice until I went through customs and as such I was out of luck getting it back as Condor’s process only has an email option...other than that, if you grab all your stuff , it was a good flight and definitely worth the savings over the other major airlines.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

By far the worst flying experience I've ever had, and I've been on many military transports that would put this experience to shame! The baggage dropoff was chaotic. It appeared that nobody at the airline knew what was going on. The line was FOREVER! I could not believe how unorganized the process was. In Frankfurt, they had us board a bus to take us to the plane. Then it just sat there for a good 20 minutes while the bus idled and the doors were open, leaving us to have to smell jet fuel and diesel the whole time. Then when we got on the plane, finally, they come on the PA and announce that a crewmember was injured and we had to wait for a replacement. You'd think they would break out the booze and start serving, but no, we just sat there, tired, thirsty, and miserable, while the replacement drove thru traffic to get to the airport.

2  Thank Dave J
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Good flight overall. Not great leg room in standard economy class but with options to purchase premium menu and premium entertainment package it was a pretty good flight. My only complaints are that the seat back made my back ache which has never been a problem for me. Also the cabin was a little too warm.

2  Thank Joanna F