“Flight to Johannesburg”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 17 December 2020

Nice flight to Johannesburg overnight departing from Heathrow. The flight leaves at a very convenient time from London and arrives in Johannesburg early in the morning. Sears are comfortable, the food is good and the facilities are well maintained. Good experience for such a long flight.

Date of travel: March 2020
1  Thank milecastilla
Reviews (59 844)

4 748 - 4 752 of 59 844 reviews

Reviewed 16 December 2020

Terrible terrible experience I ever had in my life , staff don’t know what’s an eta lol they stopped me and asked for written authorisation and canada border agency shows I’m eligible to fly but they stopped me and until they realised their mistake I already missed my flight

Reviewed 14 December 2020

Last time I flew with BA is about 1.5 years ago and I had a great experience!
This time, after having my flight cancelled by a ‘cheap’ airline, I though it was best to book my flight with a reputable (more expensive) airline. I paid over £500 for a non return ticket (a destination that normally costs about £50 or even cheaper)
Although I paid so much money for my ticket, I still wasn’t allowed to choose my seats for free. (Which is ok!)
I chose a “more legroom seat” for an additional £23, hoping that I would have some more room.
Well, the seat I got (and paid for) turned out to have no additional legroom and no recline, as it was an exit row seat. Basically, this was one of the worst seats on the plane, but I had to pay £23 for it.
I mentioned this complaint to the cabin crew, but they said they couldn’t help.

The other thing that was really disappointing, was the lack of onboard service. Last time I flew a similar distance with BA, there were complimentary drinks...
Now there was a yoghurt type still water kinda thing. That’s it’s.
To be fair, I asked one of the flight attendants if they would be serving any other drinks and he said no, but brought me a g&t anyway, telling me to not let anyone see....
That was really nice of him and I appreciate it.
However, I’m very disappointed in the service I got from BA this time!!!

Reviewed 14 December 2020

I am an executive club member and my avios are essentially worthless now. In September I flew from Boston to London for the usual amount of points and only $64 in fees. Now the same exact flight is the same avios points but $250 in fees. (Not just on peak dates in December, I’m looking at dates in February as well). I called and asked why when I use my avios the fees end up costing me more cash than if I book a regular ticket without avios and they had no response. To sum up - the amount I owe INCREASES when I apply avios. What a sham. I’ll never fly with them again as long as these insane “government and airport fees” cost hundreds more than the tickets of their competitors.

1  Thank 598cameronp
Reviewed 14 December 2020

BA managed to not get my bag on a simple post to point flight. received an email saying it will arrive in 3 days!!!! I leave in 4 days. Called and was spoken to like a child rather than what I would expect - namely someone who would apologise for BA and assure me everything will be done to get my bag to me tomorrow.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.