“Excellent trip”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 16 November 2019

We used British Airways for an internal flight in South Africa, Cape Town to Durban. Flight was on time crew were excellent as was check in staff.

Date of travel: September 2019
2  Thank stu588
Reviews (59 507)

7 940 - 7 944 of 59 507 reviews

Reviewed 16 November 2019

Average flight, I was shocked how bad the food was leaving from TO, I needed to put sugar on my orange sauce to make it edible. I was happy that the return from Heaththrow was better, so it was the airport chef to blame not the airline. Washroom was ok. Services was ok. I was surprised my neighbour complained about the passenger's seat was pushed too far back so she had no choice to do the same and received complaint from the passenger behind her. The flight attendent could have used better language to calm down the situation unfortunately her strong worded phrase like "No I won't speak to the passenger in front of her about the seat." which infuriated my neighbour even more!

Date of travel: October 2019
    • Food and Beverage
    • In-flight Entertainment
1  Thank Ada V
Reviewed 16 November 2019

Unfortunately I cannot give a good review to BA for this or other recent flights. There were three areas which come together to provide for an uncomfortable experience.
1. The Arrangement at the Gate area pre-boarding with this airline is chaotic. The marshaling arrangement meant that the passengers for two flights were on adjacent gates and became mixed. The BA ground staff lost control of this and there was many unhappy and confused passengers.
2. The observance of the rules as to the number and size of bags allowed onto the plane was not managed by the ground staff. This created chaos on the plane as arguements ensued as the space was unavailable for all of the bags. This is the worst example of this I have ever seen and I only see it on BA flights. Most other airlines have this sorted now.
3. The cabin crew did not handle the pressure well with aggressive behaviour exhibited as they tried to get people to move bags around the cabins. There was unpleasant exhibited by a cabin crew member as she demanded a mother attend to her child's seat belt. A few minutes of latitude would have given the mother time but it ended up in a raised voice from the crew member which was not necessary.
4. The high point was the captains cheery briefing and information. This was entertaining and informative.
I have had a few BA flights recently and this was a further example of the same challenges not being addressed by the airline.

Date of travel: October 2019
2  Thank MikeB8863
Reviewed 16 November 2019 via mobile

BA do just one flight a day from Turin to London, 7.20pm. The flight was full. They board by priority group (1-5) rather than seat row, which meant boarding took far too long in my opinion. Be aware if you are in lower groups chances are your cabin bags are going in the hold.
Legroom wasn't great. Drink/snacks etc.
On arrival at Gatwick a heads up its a long walk to passport control.

Date of travel: November 2019
Reviewed 16 November 2019 via mobile

The flight I believe is usually one run on behalf of BA. Internal seating is two and two. The leg room was really good. We were even provided with a free water/coffee and snack! Flight was on time. Would recommend flying from City

Date of travel: November 2019
    • Value for money
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.