“Smooth Trip ”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 16 November 2019 via mobile

The flight I believe is usually one run on behalf of BA. Internal seating is two and two. The leg room was really good. We were even provided with a free water/coffee and snack! Flight was on time. Would recommend flying from City

Reviews (59 705)

8 123 - 8 127 of 59 705 reviews

Reviewed 16 November 2019

The flight started with a two hour delay. However after chatting with the air stewardess about our trip being a double celebration for my 40th birthday and our 15th wedding anniversary. We were delighted to get free champagne and snacks.

1  Thank mdsmith0911
Reviewed 16 November 2019

We had a very nice first experience with British Airways. We travelled Business Class from the US to Europe and returned in Premium. We booked the flight with British Airways, but 4 of the 5 flights was with partner American Airlines. The first class club at JFK was a very nice way to relax prior to our 8+ hour flight. There was plenty of beverage, food and dessert options from which to select. Seating was plentiful and numerous charging outlets were available throughout the area. The service on all of our flights was very good, especially in Business Class with the added touches (soft blanket, nice pillow, amenity kit, use of Bose headphones, etc.). The food was beyond what we both expected too! There was also plenty of in-flight entertainment in both cabin levels, and we were given Bose headphones in Business class which were collected prior to landing although they gave us disposable ear buds for the remainder of the flight. The only issue was in the middle of the night my lie-flat seat became frozen in an almost lie flat position, and it was quite challenging to attempt to get out of the "pod" with the seat not being upright (the seat bottom needed to be removed to fix it) . The attendant rebooted the in-flight entertainment system twice and then discovered she needed to reboot the electronic seat itself. Once the seat system was rebooted, it worked fine and she was more than apologetic for the inconvenience. The only other issue - which has been addressed by the airline - is when we arrived home and began to unpack, we noticed the zipper was missing from one of the front storage compartments of our Samsonite bag. I filed a "damaged bag" claim, was contacted immediately, they paid the shipping cost to send it to a company they contract with, and in less than 10 days, my bag arrived looking as good as new. We were shocked!! The company even used a zipper pull that matches exactly the others on the bag - amazing! We would 100% fly British Airways again, and were very impressed by their level of service, detail and comfort!!

Date of travel: October 2019
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
2  Thank Sue1532
Reviewed 16 November 2019

Flew with BA to Dubai from LHR mid week on a new A350, which was a great improvement on the old 747 that used to ply this route.

The seat, leg room and comfort could not be faulted for a 7hr flight.

The flight left and arrived on time, with no concerns during the flight. The food and beverage were adequate, the crew were happy to refill your request for replacement beverage, if you required it. The meal choice, as usual, was chicken or pasta, however, it filled a hole.

The IFE was a little drab, with most of the recent films being biopics and a little tedious. I listened to the music selection throughout the flight.

The crew were attentive, but functional, doing what they had to do.

Overall, it was a good flight and it got me to my destination in relative comfort. It was pleasant to fly in a modern environment.

Will continue to fly BA as hopefully they are starting to take note of the poor rep they have built up over the past years

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 16 November 2019 via mobile

I bought a last minute ticket to get back home, as my only grandmother had a massive stroke. I bought the ticket from Expedia and chose British, as they had reasonable arrival times and good layover and it wasnt breaking my bank (aka only money in bank account). Few hours after I bought my ticket (bought on Wednesday, to fly on Friday) I found out that my grandma has gone into coma and has only hours left. I called British Airways to beg them to put me on a flight on Thursday, and they have advised me, they will waive all BS fees, but they need to see a proof, and I only have to pay $1000 and change. I told them leave my ticket as is (I don't have $1000 to spare). On Thursday morning I got the news. I called British Airways again, crying and begging them to put me on a flight, so at least I make it for the funeral at 10am on Friday local time. Same answer on the fees, but this time I had to pay $2000 and change. I begged and begged, but they were firm. I was not asking for business class or first class ticket, I did not mind to pay $200-300 extra. But hey if you pay, they will find a seat for me, other than that I kep hearing the same - flight is full. I filed a formal complaint on their website, as customer service asvised that. Needless to say no answer from them, because THEY DON'T CARE. So THANK YOU BRITISH AIRWAYS for not letting me see for the last time the only grandmother I have ever had. THANK YOU for not letting me go to the funeral by trying to make money from my grievance. I will never fly with British Airways again!

1  Thank 349anniea
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.