“fast service overall.”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 21 February 2018

Politeness is paramount for cabin crew. I just found out that you can take 23kg as hand luggage. Shame that you do not get an inflight meal and you have to pay extra and they proudly sponsor M&S food and not as their own in-flight meal

1  Thank sfalcone2018
Write a ReviewReviews (30 493)

4 966 - 4 970 of 30 493 reviews

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

I can’t help but feel sad as I write this review. British Airways have always been an airline that as a Brit, I’m proud to use. However, recently I can’t help but feel they’ve declined in comfort and service.

I can’t say anything bad about the cabin crew. They mostly are very friendly and efficient so that is a thumbs up! Now for the negatives... Firstly, the legroom has massively decreased... I honestly felt really cramped. I didn’t even get this on easyJet. I’ve mentioned about the legroom in most of my other reviews but I honestly can’t stress how much this makes a difference. Last year I flew from Gatwick to Malaga and we were on an older plane with the old-style seating and the legroom was HUGE! Seriously! The new seats aren’t as comfortable.

Also, let’s remember the inflight service they used to offer. A drink and a snack which was a nice touch! I used to always love BA when they did this. Now they have removed the free drinks and it is now card only purchase. Maybe the M&S catering is an improvement to the old packets of crisps but it’s not free. And it’s not cheap either.

Then there’s the bag rule where they charge you to put a suitcase in the hold. So everyone takes it on as hand luggage... This means boarding is a chaotic and unorganised stress-fest. I don’t like it at all.

I get that BA are going for the budget airline model and maybe business wise this works. However, it means that the airline has lost the old BA feel. And even in the long haul fleet, they’re lacking behind other airlines. Airlines such as Qatar released two new updated business class seats a few years apart whereas BA has had the same outdated design for almost 20 years.

Come on BA. I want you to do well! I still have a soft spot for the airline but as far as quality goes, it’s lacking behind and this makes it unfavourable to use.

BRING OLD BA BACK!

1  Thank teenagetraveller09
Reviewed 21 February 2018

We booked our flight online with British Airways and from the moment we got on board Flight 2730 from Gatwick to Tenerife, we felt distinctly 2nd Class. Yes, we were flying economy, but not even being able to "buy" a bottle of water during a 4 hour flight is not acceptable. Our seats were immediately behind the VIP section and we understood from the time we booked that no meal/drinks would be provided and that was fine. That said, because the flight attendant would have had to push the bar cart with drinks, etc. for sale over the line and into the VIP section of the aircraft, we (the people in the seats immediately behind the curtain dividing VIP/Economy Class passengers) were not even offered the opportunity to buy a bottle of water. Talk about "Chinese water torture"; seeing/hearing the VIP guests drinking wine, etc. while we were left with our tongues hanging out. Not cool, British Airways; you have lost our business and we will find an alternate carrier the next time we are flying anywhere...

• Food and Beverage
1  Thank RedroverOttawa10
Reviewed 21 February 2018

Trouble free flight which left on time and landed early. The captain kept us informed at suitable intervals. The flight went smoothly and the landing was perfect. No free drinks or food on the flight but we were allowed to consume our own food. The luggage arrived safely and efficiently

Reviewed 21 February 2018

Surprised by the quality of the food and leg room on this flight.
Only gripe was that the VIP lounge at Terminal 1 didn't accept Dragon cards (all the other terminals on this multi-trip to Far East did).
Complaint to Heathrow Authorities about this - and the rudeness of one of the reception staff at the VIP lounge both to me and someone else - went unacknowledged.

• Food and Beverage