“Avoid”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 1 week ago

Terrible flight. Service was shocking, ran out of everything. It's worth paying more to go with a different carrier.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (22 529)

160 - 164 of 22 529 reviews

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We recently flew on the nonstop flight from Denver to Heathrow and back. Our flights were on time and on eventful. We were in economy the first flight, but the flight was not full so we had a seat between us and I was actually able to lay down and sleep… Just lucky i know. For the flight back we were able to upgrade to premium and it was definitely more comfortable, And the service much more personal and attentive,although the armrests don’t move between the seats, so the fact that I was confined to just my seat made it slightly less than perfect. It was a 10 day visit, so I was concerned about jet lag and prepared for it. My efforts paid off and I even was able to stay awake the first day to go to a show in the West End (an American in Paris)! My method was to prepare the week before by going to bed an hour earlier and waking up an hour earlier every day until our flight day when I woke up at 3 AM and then was able to go to sleep soon after our 6 PM departure time. We arrived at 9 AM I had actually gotten enough sleep to feel normal. In fact it works so well that when I came home I actually had a harder time adjusting back to my normal time than I have in the past and kept waking up at 4 AM unable to go back to sleep :-) I also swear by compression tights (recommended by friend of mine) and it really makes a difference.

Reviewed 1 week ago

A really great flight (10 hours overnight). Each pair of seats in business class face each other with a partition in between. The partition has a sliding glass panel that you can slide down to see your seatmate if desired (but not necessary) The seat can slide down flat and with a little bench that folds down, makes an almost full length bed. And you are provided with a very nice blanket. Two meals, dinner and breakfast, are provided. Each comes with a menu card and you can select from several options. The entertainment center is great with movies, games, tv programs, etc. The flight attendants were great, efficient and very friendly and made one feel welcome. I believe that if you fly business class you are entitled entry to the BA lounge at SFO . This is highly recommended as you can enter the aircraft directly from the lounge rather than going back into the airport. The lounge has a lot of free food, pour your own liquor, and wine.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I was greatly disappointed with BA's business class seats. First, the seat configuration is extremely awkward, one has to go over the legs of another person just to go to the restrooms. You are placed in a position where you are almost face to face with another stranger. The divider between the seats is opened every meal service, take off and landing. The flight attendants have to give lean over the person next to you just to give you your food. Second, the chairs are cramped for business class or even premium economy. The compartment for storing things is tiny. Third, the amenity kit is extremely disappointing, they did not provide even disposable paper slippers. The ear plugs did not block sound. Fourth, the washroom is small and only provided for lotion and soap. Finally, the flight attendant was extremely rude. He told a senior citizen that he will not help her store her luggage on the overhead compartment since the bag is heavy and he does not have insurance. He also haughtily and rudely told the lady that if she could not carry the bag then she should have checked it in. Um, hello she is a senior citizen, obviously things will be heavier for her than any other person younger than her. Very rude. Thus, BA is not worth the money. I will not recommend it to anybody. They have to seriously upgrade their seats and services, especially their attitude.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Being a Star Alliance frequent flyer, it has been a while since my last usage of British Airways, in particular transatlantic. Someone reserved this trip for me at the last minute and I did not know what to expect. Well, I am happy to report that it was enchanting; the plane a 787-8, was quieter than expected, even if I make use of Bose noise cancelling headphones, the food (chicken) was surprisingly hot (in the good sense of the word) and tasty, and wine was acceptable considering the class of service. Negative: when reclined the upper part of the seat in front of you is very close, so is the screen too...Flight attendants were professional and courteous. In summary, a nice experience!