“BA 7318 Malaga to Manchester 28th July 2017”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Myself and my son flew on this City flyer flight which is quite a new service from Malaga. The service of complementary drinks and a meal was superb, i was shocked it was all part of the service.Really comfortable seats, lots of leg room, and the crew were amazing with my disabled son. Even at the end of the flight, when the disabled assistance didn't turn up at the airport, the crew helped me to take my son and hand luggage to the luggage collection. I really hope this flight to Malaga daily and return continues, as i know this is a busy route, and the timings are great.I will definitely be recommending this flight from and to Malaga where we live and regularly fly from.
Looking forward to flying with City flyer from Malaga again soon.
All the very best
Jon

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (38 770)

20 143 - 20 147 of 38 770 reviews

Reviewed 29 July 2017

This was my first trip in First Class on a BA A380.
The First cabin on this aircraft is far superior to that on BA's 747 fleet. The seats are more comfortable and there is more space around the seat. I liked the personal wardrobe even if it was a tad short for my jacket.
There was nothing I could fault in the cabin service but there was no "Wow" factor either.
I was in seat 1A which is private as there is no seat alongside. The First cabin is downstairs on the BA A380.
The flight leaves from T5 in LHR. On our departure, the shuttle train was not running so we had to walk the catacombs of T5 to our gate. Never forget this is BA folks....
Although the two lavatories are for the First cabin and curtained off they were in use a hell of a lot so I assume the flight crew has open season on them too as I didn't see passengers heading up there.
A comfortable First class experience and non-stop, which makes a big difference IMO.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 29 July 2017

As my steward confirmed, this BA flight from Phoenix to Heathrow has the worst on-time record in all of BA, largely because the inbound flight from LHR is nearly always late. I would NEVER book this flight if I had a connection in LHR, and if you do, book extra time.
Also be aware this flight arrives and departs T3 in Heathrow, if you are connecting on BA your flight probably leaves from T5.
Our plane was probably one of the oldest 747s in the fleet, no USB seat power just a plug, very old-fashioned in-flight entertainment screen. I gave up on two films.
I usually fly rows one or two on BA 747s. They are more private than the other seats although be aware row 1 has no overhead bin so you will have to use the shared locker at the front of the cabin.
What rescued this flight for me? The in-flight service. The cabin staff were about the best I've ever had on BA. Friendly without being familiar. Prompt and accommodating. If all airlines did was provide staff like those I had on this flight they would be winners.
I have seen writers describe BA First as the World's best business class. I think that's a tad harsh but these 747 First seats are not the best in the air by a long way.
We were about two hours late leaving PHX and would have made up half of it, but we had to hold before landing, then there was no crew to receive the 'plane so we sat outside the gate for 10-15 minutes. It must have been frustrating for those with connections.
BA First is OK. If that sounds like damning them with faint praise, I suppose that is what it is. They aren't good, but they're not great either.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Happen to make my way back home to the UK went to British airways in gatwick airport for help or advice what to do because my kids and wife was still in the Caribbean till because we can afford to buy 4 new tickets because BA don't want us to pay and get a change of date on our tickets because we miss our flight due to stormy weather and flooding in the roads BA in gatwick airport managers in the airport say will talk to Tobago BA staff and will Email me or get them to call me but very got any email or calls from no one trying to work and bring my family home pls people be careful with BA I trust this airline to help us and there never did anything or try to help he and my family y is this BA you are not helpful at all am very disappointed and stress out alot

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

BA has one of the least competitive seats in the first class market more akin to reverse herringbone business seats from Cathay and Qatar. In addition it also has one of the largest first class cabins on its 747 which makes it even less competitive compared to its Oneworld peers.

However one of the biggest issues is the inconsistency in service and this was the case on my recent flight to JFK from LHR. While one of the attendants was quite nice and helpful, the other was lazy, slow and gave attitude the entire flight. Food came out 3/4hrs after take off and only when most people had already finished their meals. The second attendant made no effort to place the cutlery properly which was often crooked, bread was not offered and I had to ask, scones were never given even when asked and there was no proactive effort to clear plates or refill drinks. Without a doubt one of the worst first class experiences ever and definitely falls into the business class category only.

3  Thank 603lingz