“Good Service ”
Review of Bangkok Airways

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The best way to Koh Samui is with Bangkok Airways. They fly pretty much on time although they are expensive, £210 return flight. They fly direct to Samui, Air Asia aren't allowed to fly direct to Samui. You get a small meal with Bangkok Airlines.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (3 259)

67 - 71 of 3 259 reviews

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

the take off and landing was smooth and the staff was polite and in-flight food was also tasty. you also get blankets in the flight which you have to return while leaving.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

It was a good smooth flight, however we were booked on business class only to arrive at the check-in counter to be told, there wasn’t a business class on the particular flight to Koh Samui. It was ok as it was a short flight and we still had the business-class facilities in the airport. Yet, it was not ok. On the way back, all was well and the business class cabin was available. Which was very good.

Reviewed 1 November 2018

Flight is a low cost airline which is ok for short haul flights.
Limited food options - only non veg was available. Wife was veg so did not get any food option.
It is ok for short flights, would not recommend for long flights

Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

Bangkok Airways has been my go-to domestic airline for the past few years: good service, decent food, flights mostly on-time, and overall good value. However, the last four flights I bought were terribly family-unfriendly! When boarding the last four flights I booked, I was with my son, who was 15 months old and 19 months old for 2 flights each time; gate staff mentioned priority boarding for families with small children (on 2 of the four flights) and never enforced anything - I’m stuck in a throng of bustling travellers elbowing their way through the crowd to be the first on the plane at all and any cost. Meanwhile, ground staff do not help families with small children - on this last flight from Krabi, one ground staff - an upstart 20-something-year-old even tells me I can’t bring my drink, bought in the waiting area, onto the plane; I politely deposit it at her feet since there’s no garbage cans in the vicinity and I’ve got my 19-month old son strapped to my shoulders; she then denies me boarding until I pick up my drink and walk it 300m away to the only garbage can in the boarding area.

I don’t think I’ll be using that airline again, partly because of what happened today but mostly because they clearly and systematically make traveling with a family more painful than it needs to be. Avoid this airline when traveling with children!