“Flying in Style and Comfort”
Review of Asiana Airlines

Reviewed 10 February 2020 via mobile

I flew to Seoul from London for a conference and was extremely impressed by the standard of the airline and quality of service. It was a direct flight and the seat I had with extra leg room made the long journey less of an ordeal. The food was very good and the airline crew were attentive and courteous. I will certainly fly on Asiana again if the opportunity arises.

Date of travel: February 2020
1  Thank Rita P
Write a reviewReviews (3 554)

41 - 45 of 3 554 reviews

Reviewed 8 February 2020

Asiana Airlines decided to re book me 2 days before my Beijing departure to a later time of day.. my Seoul arrival was to be one hour after my Seoul departure to Seattle.

OZ334 19:05, February 8, 2020, arrive Seoul
OZ272 18:05, February 8, 2020, depart Seoul
When I checked trip.com, Asiana had another Beijing- Seoul flight that was to arrive much earlier. That would have worked, so I called trip.com on their customer service line. The reality is that if I did not fly THAT newly revised flight from Beijing to Seoul, the flight from Seoul- Seattle & the return, would have been canceled. WTF ! This clumsy but effective Asiana Air re booking... I feel I got bumped from my flight by a “slight- of- hand” from Asiana Airlines. I see this as no other way.

I stated my concern on the Asiana Air website. No luck. I received a canned response.. “..going the extra mile when accommodating the needs of our customers. It is certainly disappointing to hear that you had felt otherwise..According to our reservation system, it appears that there was an involuntary schedule change to your reservation. ..”
I didn't expect much of a reply, but my deal from Asiana was cutthroat since they had my money. I would not complain here if my flight was canceled for a good reason, but Asiana is b.s.

Date of travel: February 2020
Reviewed 8 February 2020

I hadn't heard much about Asiana until my travel agent booked it for my dive holiday to Palau and I'm VERY glad I travelled with them. The condition and space even in economy was amazing and well the slippers....nice touch. Great food and fantastic service and USB port for charging phones etc and great entertainment on a very reliable system. Connected in Seoul to Koror, Palau and was kept up to date with any gate or flight departure changes. Also part of the Star Alliance Network so was able to accrue Air-miles to my Lufthansa Miles & More account.
Amazing Airline, Amazing Service......AMAZING ASIANA AIRWAYS!

Date of travel: January 2020
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Steve S
Reviewed 6 February 2020 via mobile

ディナーのフライトミールが韓国食と洋食から選べて、韓国料理は凄く満足でした。ロングフライトにはエコノミークラスでは機内用スリッパと歯ブラシが配られ、個人的に歯ブラシの毛質が柔らかく好印象!韓国料理ではセルフでコチュジャンを入れるので辛さの調節もできます。勿論食後は少しニンニクの臭いが…でも美味しいのでok。食後、韓国の方はすぐに歯を磨きにトイレが混み合います。笑。沢山の方がフライト中トイレ前でストレッチをされるのでトイレ周りの席は人で混み合います。CCのアテンドはあっさりしています。簡単な日本語対応可能なCCも見受けられました。往復共に凄く良いフライトでした。
It was comfortable flight for me. You can select from 2 kind of flight meal. Korean or Western style. On my pictures were Korean style. They serve flight slippers and toothbrush set as an amenity set.

Date of travel: October 2019
Reviewed 5 February 2020

This trip was arranged by ASAP tickets and ASAP gets a C+ since they didn't jive with Asiana.
Food and drink service surpassed my expectations. Large variety and quick athletic stewards and stewardess help.
3 flight segments over with United and 3 flight segments back supposedly were seat assigned.

The first United segment was late leaving San Diego and created a time problem for the next Asiana segment to Korea. We don’t recommend San Diego to LAX Flight; better to drive than wait for delayed departures.
We ran thru LAX trying to find and then catch our Asiana flight. A map of LAX and Inchon,
Korea airport gates would have helped. We were delayed leaving LAX then arriving at Inchon, South Korea. I didn’t get an aisle seat as expected far from the
3 older passengers. (Wife, Brother and Sister in Law)
I had cramps cooped up in the small inside seat for 6000 miles so I had to stretch
for hours when I could. Inchon arrival required running for the next flight.
Another delay leaving Inchon and subsequent arrival in PI. No bags at Manila,PI so
3 hour delay for bag delivery arrangement the next day to our destination in
Dagupan.
Asiana airlines 24 hour Confirmation was impeded by the lack of a correct browser on our iPhone After 4 hours attempting to confirm our next day flight Using a Safari browser, I asked my frequent flyer friend in PI to help. Google Crome is the only browser that works with Asiana Airlines she found out for us. Then we had to regurgitate the birthdates, full names and Passport information already provided to ASAP tickets before we could ALMOST complete the confirmation. My brother Mark was NOT confirmed beyond S Korea. Upon arrival there he was interrogated and triple checked for whatever then finally processed confirmed.
Returning 3 segments were much less hurried and better seats were given after my wife complained about the hassles to the Asiana rep in Manila.
SUMMARIZATIONS and RECOMMENDATIONS:
1. Recommend NO to Air travel from San Diego to Los Angeles.
2.Take terminal maps.
3. TELL your Asiana airline customers GOOGLE CROME is the ONLY BROWSER
that works on their Confirmation system.
4. Asiana Airlines needs to coordinate better with ticketing agents IRT seat assignments
taken by ASAP TICKETS and NOT require regurgitation of Passenger names,
birthdays and Passport numbers.

On the positive side, our ASAP ticketing agent, Artemis was extremely patient with us.

Archie Stagg

Date of travel: December 2019
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
US$USD
South Africa
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.