“Outstanding inflight cabin staff service”
Review of ANA (All Nippon Airways)

Reviewed 20 November 2018

I flew business class on ANA’s ( All Nippon Airways) 4-hour, 10-minute flight from Tokyo (HND) to Beijing (PEK). The flight was on a Boeing 767. As a Star Alliance Gold member, I enjoyed the lounge privileges. The aircraft looked in close to new condition. My seat was comfortable, the food, beverages, and inflight entertainment were all typical business class. He cabin crew service was very Japanese-polite, attentive and helpful. The price was on the high side, being more than double the price offered by three large Chinese carriers, but a business associate was travelling on this flight.

20  Thank KodoDrummer
Write a ReviewReviews (7 750)

161 - 165 of 7 750 reviews

Reviewed 19 November 2018

The great thing about this airline is the seats - lots of ways to adjust them, very comfy. The comforter was great, the pillow lousy. Food seemed to be either perfect or inedible, with no middle ground. Once again I ordered the beef tenderloin, once again it was gray and tough. However, the vegetarian chestnut, celeriac and mushroom ravioli was perfection, and the eggs Benedict were very good (even if the sauce was more bechamel than hollandaise). Service was very spotty - I asked for salt and pepper twice, never got it. Another time I requested bread and butter, never got it. There is no “snack buffet” laid out between meals, unlike most airlines. The restrooms are rather small for business class, and the paper towels are a lot more like tissues than towels. The movie selection was quite good. The flight attendants seemed to be just a bit understaffed, they were scrambling to keep up and seemed to lack organization. Even so, they were very pleasant. I would fly ANA again.

Reviewed 19 November 2018 via mobile

We had a short (4 hours) flight from hong kong air port to Osaka Japan and Back from Tokyo handa airport to beijing airport.
The flight was very comfartable , good seats and entertaiment. The staff was super nice and helpfull .The food and drinks was also very good .
We recomendate this company.

Date of travel: October 2018
Reviewed 18 November 2018 via mobile

I was traveling to Japan with a family of five which includes two kids, age 3 and 6 respectively. At the gate, I made queries about the boarding rules if family with kids will be given priority. We were told to take a seat at the priority seating to wait. I was so sure that they did not make clear announcement to invite family with kids to board first. I had an impression they were boarding all the business class. After a while, I found it amidst that there were many other families boarding way before. To ease my curiosity, I went ahead to make a second query and one of the staff said,” Sorry sir, you want to your family to board now?” I was fuming, I say are you insane now that you have all boarding it will be a congestion in the pathway and having kids there wouldn’t be a good idea. I waited till all the passengers board before my family boarded. You know what is more amusing, they ask you to seat at priority seat but they don’t even bother to look and see if they missed out on any priority passengers. Sorry to say, to be given 5 stars rating; this doesn’t cut it. This incident took place with NH801 on 18 Nov 2018 at 1805 hours flight. To be frank, I’m ok if they told me I had to queue like the rest but why ask me to wait at the priority seat? Extremely disappointed. This is not what I expect from a prestigious airline like ANA.

1  Thank nicholascoryteo
Reviewed 18 November 2018

Pro:

1. Excellent service of cabin crews. I think crew to passenger ratio is also more in ANA, so service quality and promptness is excellent
2. Great food..in quantity and quality---many special meal options
3. Sufficient options of soft and hard drinks
4. Comfortable seat with more than average seat width and legroom
5. Ambiance and attitude of cabin crews seem to be best in the world..very comfortable and kind service
6. Ground staff was extremely helpful to help us to reach the boarding gate in spite of our later arrival for earlier connecting flight

Cons:
1. Though it's much decent, flight entertainment could be better though (compared to other top-level airlines)..in terms of options and display resolution..camera was used to stop working during takeoff and landing...so meaningless to have those.

2. headphone quality could be better