“Horrible”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 27 February 2021

Social distancing? Absolutely none. Normally I wouldn't comment but they make several announcements on practicing Social distancing and wearing masks but don't push it. We were standing on top of one another while boarding and unboarding, in restaurants, etc.

Customer service? Staff have no personality whatsoever. If you are anywhere but first class, don't expect to get any service at all. Out of 4 stewards, we saw 3 twice. We were two seats behind first class and their service was nonstop, offering food and other drinks besides water. Guess us 3rd class steerage aren't worth much. One walked by collecting garbage, my boyfriend had his hand extended to give it to her, she looked right at him and kept walking.

Delays? We had a total of 1 hour and 45 minutes of delays with 1 hour of this sitting on the tarmac. 25 minutes waiting for ground crew because, as the pilot put it "they didn't know we were coming". How does this happen?

Boarding? We were group 7, seats 6A and B. They called group 1, 2.... when they called 6, we got ready to get in line. He skipped 6 and called group 8 to board. Again, what?

Just horrible. Will never fly AA again.

1  Thank BonnieNeedsAVaca
Write a reviewReviews (71 772)

274 - 278 of 71 772 reviews

Reviewed 27 February 2021

We got dropped off for a 6:30am departure time and waited in the airport for hours, only for the flight to be cancelled at 6am with no warning. Rescheduled (on my own dime) for 7pm that evening. Spent the day stressing that this departure flight would be cancelled with no warning, too. Return flight a week later was also cancelled only hours before takeoff, leaving dozens of passengers stranded in Florida with nowhere to stay and not even an estimated time or date for a flight home. I’ve flown a dozen times internationally, and I’ve flown with eight or nine different US airlines, but in all my years on this Earth I’ve never had an experience as awful as I have with this airline.

I will never fly this airline again, and neither should you.

1  Thank SavvyAshley21
Reviewed 27 February 2021 via mobile

We flew from Pittsburgh to Aruba and back on American Airlines. We flew first class from Pittsburgh to Charlotte and business class from Charlotte to Aruba. The lack of social distancing upon boarding and on boarding the plane is atrocious. There is absolutely none. People standing in the aisle over us while boarding for twenty minutes or more standing as close together as they possibly could.
Also, when you fly first class you expect to get your luggage first, however we received our luggage last upon our return home to Pittsburgh.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
Reviewed 27 February 2021

They have been very inflexible with flying with pets recently, to the point where booking on another airline is the only reasonable option. I booked a flight and was unable to book my service pet, due to recent policy changes. When I arrived to check in, they would not allow my pet onboard due to her back hitting the top of the bag. She lies down during the flights, so this is nothing new for her. Otherwise, they left no alternative option, forcing me to cancel my flight and waste several hours of my day. DON’T FLY ON AA!

1  Thank Safitz1314
Reviewed 26 February 2021

American Airlines cancelled the flight on me and refuse to refund my money. Shady business practices

Date of travel: March 2020
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.