“Nothing Special”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I flew in economy and consequently I was in the last boarding group - #9. Because I am used to Southwest, the boarding process seemed very chaotic! Of course, you have a pre-assigned seat so I guess it doesn't really matter. Pre-flight safety was presented on a TV monitor and seemed very impersonal. The flight was uneventful and the staff seemed somewhat indifferent to the presence of the passengers.My trip was decided last minute and American Airlines is the only airline who had a somewhat reasonable price so I am glad to have had the opportunity.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (46 826)

1 502 - 1 506 of 46 826 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I couldn't believe the deal offered to fly into Madrid, Spain from JFK for one week stay and accommodations last May (2018). I needed several connecting flights to reach JFK but everything went smoothly as I traveled light and did not check baggage. I originally balked at the 745.00 fare for the package (due to personal obligations) and paid about 400.00 more but was very satisfied with the service. The inflight service was excellent for each leg of the journey and the flights went off with a few minor hitches. The flight to Madrid was delayed for about an hour for some technical issue but we made most of the time back in transit. I have had some great experiences with American Airlines and look forward to receiving another irresistible offer through their rewards program. If you love museums, the Golden Triangle in Madrid is a must. While in New York, don't forget the Metropolitan Museum of Art (A world class museum in her own right).

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Everything went well. Enough room under seat for small luggage. Full flight and was on time. I wish airlines would notify if there will be pets as it causes breathing problems for those of us with allergies!!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were in Group 5, no problems boarding one of the newest models in their fleet. It was spacious and the flight attendants courteous. Each seat had their own personal Monitor where you could choose a movie, TV show....etc. Treat with our drink was Pretzels.
It's when we arrived in Charlotte, NC. We must have sat on the tarmac for 20 minutes because a plane was still sitting at our gate. I had the same issue coming from St Maarten to Miami via Charlotte, we were on the tarmac for 45 minutes.
I will never fly through Charlotte again.
Coming home, we were on flight 2373 which put us on an older plane headed to DFW and we had issues with the cargo panels which delayed us 40-50 minutes. This plane had no monitors to look at, but the flight attendants made sure we weren't thirsty. BTW, the treat was shortbread cookies.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Horrible! Flight rescheduled 3 times over a period of two day, never got off the ground1! Missed the flight to Miami to make cruise, thus missed the cruise. Airline didn't offer to send me on another airline to make the connection from Dallas to Miami. So, missed not only the week long sail/cruise that was paid for, but also the tour that was scheduled and paid for in advance. Their answer for not getting any flight at all-go on line and "apply for" a refund! Horrendous customer service!

1  Thank Basan