“BUSINESS CLASS is 2nd rate”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 28 June 2018

I have flown with all of the major airlines and this was very low end service for business class. Flew from Orlando to Vancouver via LA on May 30th, 2018. Orlando to LA was ok. Dinner was average but how can you go wrong with pasta? LA to Vancouver was handled by American Eagle. All around disgusting. No entertainment, No food (crappy junk snacks) and hardly any service to be noticed. 30-40% higher fare compared to Delta or United but far less service. The other airlines are not much better but at least they cost considerably less. We are not talking economy fare. The terminal for American Eagle in LA is very poorly run, not organized, a third world comparison with one garbage dispensary for fast food. I have seen better airports in the Caribbean/Mexico and/or Asia. I would never again fly with American. Overall staffing is very poor but they do the best they can under the circumstances. Seems like to much corporate pressure to the bottom line rather than the customer experience? Luggage was on time and given the priority we paid for but otherwise there is nothing good to say about this airline. American Eagle was late coming in (no problem with that) but our seats had garbage on the floor, in the pouch and stuffed in between our seats.

• Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (45 345)

5 850 - 5 854 of 45 345 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Called to arrange a voucher since I had to cancel my flight due to a passport delay. They said it would be no problem and you have a year to "book" another flight. Called back to book the 2nd flight a week before the year from my first and was told you have to actually use the flight before the year from your original flight. I asked politely if there was anyone I could talk to about making an exception and was told I could go to AA.com and email customer service. It was a basic enter your flight number and name and describe your situation in 200 characters or less. I wonder what would happen to my business if I told my customers to share their complaints through an online customer complaint system only using 200 letters?

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

As our flight was 30 minutes late, we finally got boarded. After getting in the air the attendants started with snacks, meals, drinks. One attendant did not ask our row if we wanted anything extra besides pretzels and got angry with me for asking for a full unopened can of sprite. My husband has cancer and I have to be careful about germs. She said There's your pop and almost threw it at me. Upon on picking up the trash she refused to service our row again. So disappointed!

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

This was a great flight! It was quick and smooth! The flight attendant was courteous and accommodating to the passengers.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Service was excellent. Everyone was very pleasant. Pilot was great. Flight was smooth and on-time. I know this may vary from jet to jet but on this red-eye the seats did not recline much which made it nearly impossible for myself to sleep. I'm a bigger guy with a thick neck so the neck pillow actually made it worse. Is what it is.
I was also uncomfortable with my 3 and 5 year old being exposed to a movie trailer depicting a man kissing a man. Regarding the movie shown, I appreciate AA's editing a PG movie for content, but a PG movie is still a PG movie. If a movie is shown on the public screen it should be made for General audiences only. Lastly, the staff was very prompt with retrieving gate checked bags/stroller.

• Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)