“Great service”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Service was excellent. Everyone was very pleasant. Pilot was great. Flight was smooth and on-time. I know this may vary from jet to jet but on this red-eye the seats did not recline much which made it nearly impossible for myself to sleep. I'm a bigger guy with a thick neck so the neck pillow actually made it worse. Is what it is.
I was also uncomfortable with my 3 and 5 year old being exposed to a movie trailer depicting a man kissing a man. Regarding the movie shown, I appreciate AA's editing a PG movie for content, but a PG movie is still a PG movie. If a movie is shown on the public screen it should be made for General audiences only. Lastly, the staff was very prompt with retrieving gate checked bags/stroller.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (45 279)

5 798 - 5 802 of 45 279 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I understand I am flight economy, but tour seats don't need to small like an average height person. I am 6'6 and the seats hold of someone no taller the 5'8" comfortably. Also if the seats could recline just a little bit so economy is not sitting like the letter L.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

zero leg room. zero face room . we are less than 10 in from the screen. American changed the chair to add more chairs. HORRIBLE. I stopped flying american but sometimes there are no options. platinum advantaged member for over twenty five years. never so bad.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

AA changed our flight so many times on the return trip from Costa Rica that I lost count. Apparently they had double booked their runway and caused OUR flight to get moved. Due to this first issue, our connecting flight ALSO had an issue.. pretty frustrating. They offered no alternatives, and barely gave passengers information. My husband and I of course understand that there will commonly be issues with air travel, but the lack of communication was of utmost frustration. Also, after hours and hours of miscommunication, screwing over passengers, and not giving people the ability to plan accordingly, you'd think they'd at least offer passengers something as an incentive to fly again. BUT, the flight staff was friendly, and the plane was clean.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

10am Sunday flight to O'Hare out of an almost empty John Wayne airport. No traffic on the 20 mile ride to the airport. Finding parking for two night stay was easy. Our TSA Pre (screening) gets us through security with ease. What is not to like?

We find our flight is delayed 1 hr. Then when approaching boarding time and there is still no plane, it is delayed another hour. Can you believe that the pilot scheduled to take us to Chicago is AWOL? We had to hijack another pilot from an approaching inbound flight. So we missed two hours in Chicago. Sorry, but I have no advice that would help avoid this situation. Good thing no one was meeting us in Chicago.

Downside, I am a hefty fellow which is why I pay a large sum to fly first class. I wear size 46 jeans. The mean tray that unfolds from the seat armrest does not extend far enough out to allow me to eat off the tray. No big loss. The food did not look appetizing.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)