“Very poor customer service”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Our family of seven went on vacation to Europe. We had booked on British Air but our return trip was with American Airlines. Our initial flight from Europe actually arrived early to Philadelphia by about an hour. It took us about an hour to clear customs and then we had to get our luggage and get to our connection. So when we went to get our luggage it still wasn’t off the original flight. Two hours and our luggage was not off the flight!!! We finally got our luggage and literally ran to the gate. They told us we were too late even though the plane was still there. We had spoken to several agents along the way so they knew there were several passengers the were delayed due to their errors. They rebooked us for the next day to fly into West Palm instead of Miami which will cost us double the transport fees to get home. So their solution was to rebook, give us an 84.00 meal voucher to only use in the airport for seven people (our bill was 140.00) and lodging for the night. We had no luggage so we all had to sleep in the clothes we traveled in all day. The agents assisting us with this were also rude and matter of fact. They actually turned one of the other passengers on the same flight away stating it wasn’t their fault because he didn’t explain it correctly (he had a language barrier).
I would highly recommend avoiding this airline if you’d like to enjoy your vacation.

Write a ReviewReviews (46 735)

7 273 - 7 277 of 46 735 reviews

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Big surprise. The evening flight is delayed 3 & a half hours, the plane arrives late due to "weather" (when only one other LaGuardia to Chicago flight is only 1 hour late for the *same* reason), & then we had to wait an additional hour for the pilots to arrive after the plane finally did. That, obviously, is on the airlines. If that one extra hour was not tacked onto our wait, I would have snagged the last (12:30 am) bus to Madison, my final destination. With this pure logic relayed, I am owed a hotel voucher that I do not receive due to the poor excuse of the weather. Talked to 2 reps about this & the second was completely dismissive ("the booths are all closed already, we don't do that"). I told her that I was onto them as a professional travel blogger. The CEO rakes it in charging everyone $25 per checked bag for years, making customers buy their meals & not even providing pillows & blankets, cutting back on staff so much to annoyingly make customers do all the self/bag check-in/dropoff on their own & they can't even respect their "bread&butter" enough to admit a delay is their fault & provide hotel vouchers? How incredibly shortsighted. If they don't respect me they do not need any more of my money. Bye American Airlines, thanks for showing your true colours.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

The plane was delayed. We missed out connecting flight bc of this...ended up stuck in Charlotte overnight. Customer service did nothing to help and they were not friendly at all. Will never fly AA again.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I've had "we don’t have a crew”, “we have the crew but no flight attendant and we don't know where she is", storms are delaying flights through Charlotte leaving us with less available planes, we had a glitch in our computer, the cover to a tiny light no one could see or touch except the flight attendant(you would've had to get on the floor in center walkway and reach beside my seat which require a purposeful movement bc the arm and seat stuck out above it) is missing and we don’t have the part and we need the official part, storms delayed the incoming plane we were taking, and now the engines won't start. Seriously, whoever put the voodoo curse on me, I am ready to do what it takes to reverse it and NOW... Harrisburg doesn’t accept flights past midnight. So we deplaned. FOR THE SECOND time TODAY!!!!!! And the THIRD time this week!!!!! And that doesn’t include the many other times we were told we were boarding only to be told we weren’t after waiting in line holding our luggage for long periods of time during all of last wed and today. Wasting an entire day both days continuing to say we were going only to not board when we could’ve arrived later and done something besides wait at an airport holding my luggage!!!!!

The absolute WORST airline I have EVER flown in my life!!! The rage is literally boiling over ...

Im looking at day 3 of all day excuses for why American Airlines can’t manage to get a single airplane on time to their correct destination. I’ve used my own extra resources for extra rides to the airport to pick up luggage that was sent to the wrong airport and they couldn’t get in until the next day, for extra Lyft rides bc of their continued incompetence. Delta was kind enough to give us care packages bc of our lost luggage. American Airlines offered us nothing!!! No remorse or care in the world.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

The flight this time was smoother than the last. The people on the counter were not as snobby and more helpful. I like the fact that there was a screen behind every seat and we can check the status of the flight we are on. Since this was economy, all aspects are expected.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)