“Complete waste of money”
Review of Alitalia

Reviewed 29 November 2020

Expect delays with no updates, and when I say delays we're talking about more than 3 hours!
The trip was a bit of a nightmare as I thought I will lose my car rental booking at Tunis Airport due to the long delays.
The airlines didn't offer any vouchers for food or drinks, and not even an apology for the long delay in Roma Airport FCO.
The whole journey was too stressful and really tiring.

Date of travel: December 2019
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank RajaaK_13
Write a reviewReviews (19 969)

4 - 8 of 19 969 reviews

Reviewed 21 November 2020

I had booked a flight for July 30th 2020 on Sep. 13th, 2019. End of June Alitalia cancelled the flight and is not prepared to give any refund. I have no use for any voucher since i am living in the Caribbean and will not be close to anywhere Alitalia is flying anytime soon. They took my money and are not providing the service I paid for but are stealing it from us.

Date of travel: July 2020
2  Thank Ursula M
Reviewed 21 November 2020 via mobile

Just had my Xmas flights cancelled (i have a Brasilian wife and family), Alitalia paid back the money in 1 week. The call centre in Albania is very good, helpful, courteous, and speak very good English.
I love the business class, so as soon as i can i hope to be flying with them very soon.As ever, no complaints!

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
1  Thank Gentle_Giant_10
Reviewed 19 November 2020

Oh my god where do i even start. When trying to get a flight back during covid( which i understand is a difficult time)& i have had five people call to book my flight other than myself since you do have to call. i called about six times while my advisor, landlord, etc tried as well. I understand that it’s an odd time and that they might not have flights, HOWEVER it shows that you can book flights and if you are able to do that i hope they would answer a call to try to book it. Today i am at the airport that is about 30 min away a from where i live( i had to miss class and work to come here) and the ticket office representative here is confused why they told me to pay for my ticket in person. Now i have come here just for them to say that they can’t help me. I can tell you that the flights themselves aren’t bad they are just like any other, but the lack of unorganizatoon is off the charts.... I am writing an extension to my bad experience as they have again cancelled the flight and when i tried calling to get a refund, they picked up and were in silence till i hung up. They DO NOT MAKE IT EASY or even allow you to get a refund as they do not pick up the phone. I would never recommend Alitalia even to an enemy.

2  Thank Tashaisabella
Reviewed 13 November 2020

Do not use this airline ever. They are incompetent and useless. I paid £200 for a ticket which they said was fine. The next day the said there was a problem. I called them and they said it was again fine. I then turned up fir my flight and they said the ticket was locked and I was not allowed to get on the plane unless I paid £500. Awful and disgraceful.

2  Thank John16641980
US$USD
South Africa
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.