“Cancel without any refund”
Review of Alitalia

Reviewed 21 November 2020

I had booked a flight for July 30th 2020 on Sep. 13th, 2019. End of June Alitalia cancelled the flight and is not prepared to give any refund. I have no use for any voucher since i am living in the Caribbean and will not be close to anywhere Alitalia is flying anytime soon. They took my money and are not providing the service I paid for but are stealing it from us.

Date of travel: July 2020
2  Thank Ursula M
Write a reviewReviews (19 969)

5 - 9 of 19 969 reviews

Reviewed 21 November 2020 via mobile

Just had my Xmas flights cancelled (i have a Brasilian wife and family), Alitalia paid back the money in 1 week. The call centre in Albania is very good, helpful, courteous, and speak very good English.
I love the business class, so as soon as i can i hope to be flying with them very soon.As ever, no complaints!

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
1  Thank Gentle_Giant_10
Reviewed 19 November 2020

Oh my god where do i even start. When trying to get a flight back during covid( which i understand is a difficult time)& i have had five people call to book my flight other than myself since you do have to call. i called about six times while my advisor, landlord, etc tried as well. I understand that it’s an odd time and that they might not have flights, HOWEVER it shows that you can book flights and if you are able to do that i hope they would answer a call to try to book it. Today i am at the airport that is about 30 min away a from where i live( i had to miss class and work to come here) and the ticket office representative here is confused why they told me to pay for my ticket in person. Now i have come here just for them to say that they can’t help me. I can tell you that the flights themselves aren’t bad they are just like any other, but the lack of unorganizatoon is off the charts.... I am writing an extension to my bad experience as they have again cancelled the flight and when i tried calling to get a refund, they picked up and were in silence till i hung up. They DO NOT MAKE IT EASY or even allow you to get a refund as they do not pick up the phone. I would never recommend Alitalia even to an enemy.

2  Thank Tashaisabella
Reviewed 13 November 2020

Do not use this airline ever. They are incompetent and useless. I paid £200 for a ticket which they said was fine. The next day the said there was a problem. I called them and they said it was again fine. I then turned up fir my flight and they said the ticket was locked and I was not allowed to get on the plane unless I paid £500. Awful and disgraceful.

2  Thank John16641980
Reviewed 7 November 2020

If I could give Alitalia 0 stars, I would. Terrible, terrible airline. They ignore emails for months on end and then give only a generic answer. They steal your money and then are impossible to contact. Will never ever ever fly with them again. I hope they go bankrupt...they deserve it!!!

Date of travel: March 2020
1  Thank 907kelsees
US$USD
South Africa
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.