“Air Mauritius and Hi Fly”
Review of Air Mauritius

Reviewed 7 May 2024

Air Mauritius informed me that the flight LGW-MRU would be operated by a Hi Fly A340-300 and not the Air MK A330-900 as originally advertised. My seal choice was maintained.(lots of great two abreast!)
The Hi Fly A340 used was about 20 years old and although repainted outside, inside bore the marks of having been previously owned by Emirates. The seats- very comfortable , more leg room than most modern planes like the A350 and 787's we are now served up with.The IFE very dated and notup to standard. The outside cameras , which were a feature of Emirates were disconnected. Otherwise the inside bore a mix Hi Fly and some additions provided by Air Mauritius.
Noticable was that just as the Tea and Coffee service was about to start the seat belt signs were swirtched on- so we were left with empty cups, sugar and milk unused.
The seat belts signs were left on for most of the rest of the flight- all the way from the Greek Islands to a good way down the Indian Ocean- about 7 hours. There was little sign of actual turbulance. However all service at the galleys was suspended due to 'turbulence' so we were told.
The decision is with the Captain. He is in charge and if he wants the seat belt on - they must be on! But familiarity brbreeds contempt as they say and any possible misuse of the seat belt warnings tends to make passengers think that there is another reason (matbe just forgotten about them) and that they are therefore free to wander the cabin and use the toilets. Just the hot beveages are not to be served.
However during moderate turbulence in the last 90 mins of the flight, breakfast was served with difficulty by thecabin crew. But no hot beverages though.
I wonder?
The contract between Air Mk and Hi Fly has now terminated.

Reviews (2 883)

41 - 45 of 2 883 reviews

Reviewed 6 May 2024

Plane was swapped at last minute and we lost extra leg rooms seats which we paid for and why we chose AM. Plane was sub standard and crew in experienced. Flight home was cancelled hours before we departed. Stilk cant hold of customer services after hours of trying. No responce to e mail complaint, please avoid this airline.

1  Thank Steve f
Reviewed 5 May 2024

Travelled in Feb '24. Flight out cancelled when we were at the airport due to cyclone, fair enough.

We were offered a hotel and meals at the airport but went home instead on the basis they agreed to reimburse train fares (saving them £150 or so)

Since that point 'customer service' has ignored all emails and calls. Its not alot of money, £45 compared to the cost of the business class flights - but a good indicator of the service you will get if something more major happens.

I will not fly with them again - I just hope your flight goes without a hitch if you choose them, you'll get no help at all if it doesn't.

Date of travel: February 2024
Reviewed 3 May 2024

We booked a flight early in 2023 to fly from London Heathrow to Mauritius. Our booking was for flights in December 2023. Unfortunately, when we arrived at the airport, we were told that Air Mauritius had moved all of their operations to London Gatwick. We immediately called Air Mauritius and they said that we should have been notified of the change of departure airport by email. We told them that we had never received any notification of the change. After checking their records, they confirmed that they had failed to notify us of the change and agreed to put us on the next available flight the following day. The customer representative said that we would be entitled to claim for the cost of accommodation for one night in London and also the cost of one night's missed accommodation in Mauritius. When we returned from our trip at the end of December, we sent through a claim for the charge of one night's accommodation in Mauritius. We received an email saying that the customer service team would respond within 22 days. In the middle of February, we received an email saying that the Customer Service Team would endeavour to respond within another 22 days. It is now May and we have not heard anything from Air Mauritius. We have called the customer service helpline multiple times (+203 207-7100) but the phone is never answered. We have also sent emails asking for an update on our claim but we haven't had any response. If you plan to fly with Air Mauritius, be aware that there is no way to communicate with their customer service team so if anything goes wrong, it will be impossible to claim a refund.

Date of travel: December 2023
Reviewed 1 May 2024

On way to Mauritius the food was lovely as I’m coeliac and was looked after. Coming back from Mauritius on Sunday evening, they forgot my gluten free meal, I was given a rice cake, crew on flight was not Mauritian, but not really a problem, problem for me was the gluten free meal. I was given the same meal as everyone else and when I said my meals are gluten free they gave me a rice cake and fruit. For breakfast I had pineapple jelly no fruit nothing. I’m very disappointed with my flight back, and gluten free was mentioned when booking this holiday.

• Check-in and boarding
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.