“Horrible Experience and hopeless customer service Ms. Priya, CS manager useless lady”
Review of Air India

Reviewed 9 June 2024

Hopeless customer service, I was travelling with my three kids and due to heavy traffic it took time for me to reach airport, at entrance they took 10 mins for checking IDs and all, it was okay, but Ms. Priya customer manager should have helped out or atleast would have shown courtesy, but nothing, she did not even show customer service to a lady with three kids at night 11 pm, it was horrible experinece , it was 15 mins late but they could have shown courtesy, something, but they were very arrogant and i had five bags travelling to bangalore with three kids and it was really horrible at airport at night 11pm, missing flight due to 50 mins.

Reviews (9 812)

88 - 92 of 9 812 reviews

Reviewed 9 June 2024

Been traveling across Europe and US from India atleast twice a year for last 22 years. Booked Air India for the first time for international travel hoping for improvement and better things under Tata’s leadership. But realized the mistake on the first flight. Should have stuck to my usual choices Emirates, Lufthansa, BA or Ethiad lately. Air India is no where near them.

1. Broken entertainment system: Had booked round trip from Delhi to CPH with travel on 22nd May and June 7th. Both the times entertainment system were not working for majority of passengers. Had 3 seats and it did not work on all of them. Air hostess and steward act like it is a new issue only on that flight. But in reality it never works and they keep telling that they will reset the system. So basically you don’t have any entertainment source for 8 hours.

2. In air internet: air india does not provide internet services in their flight.

3. Chargers: No usb chargers provided. The socket provided to plug in your chargers does not work.

4. Food: Taste and selection was just bad for AVML in both the sectors. Potatoes in everything. Again it came as a shocker given air Indian has been in this business for a while and that too under Tata who owns Taj group. Spoilt by Emirates over the years.

5. Old aging aircrafts
Broken toilets: Mirror in toilets are stuck using duct tapes.
Reading lights: Over seat reading light does not work using the controls in the seats. You have to inform the air staff and they do it remotely.
Air conditioning: departure from Delhi, airplane was hot. It took more than 1.5 hours to cool down to reasonable condition. People were sweating and complaining all around.

6. Staff: Tired looking staff not working as a cohesive unit. Everything looked very formal between themselves and with passengers as well. Not a smile on the face.

Unfortunately I had booked non refundable return ticket, hence I had to endure the pain again on the return flight. But we have decided never again. No Air India for us for any international travel.

Date of travel: June 2024
Reviewed 9 June 2024

Traveling should be a comfortable and stress-free experience, especially when flying business class and having paid a premium for what is expected to be exceptional service. Unfortunately, our experience with Air India flight AI186 shattered any expectations we had for a decent flight, let alone a pleasurable one.

My elderly parents, with my father recently recovering from a stroke and requiring significant assistance, embarked on this journey, and what ensued was nothing short of a nightmare. From start to finish, Air India demonstrated a blatant disregard for customer care, particularly for those in need of special assistance.

At the airport, despite having pre-booked assistance, we were met with complete indifference. There was no one available to help my parents through the check-in process, and they had to walk to the boarding gate. The very essence of customer service was non-existent, as though assisting elderly passengers was an inconvenience to their day.

The situation only worsened upon landing at Delhi International Airport. My parents were once again left to navigate the vast and bustling airport without any guidance or support. The promised wheelchair assistance was nowhere to be found, and attempts to seek help from Air India staff were met with cold shoulders and dismissive attitudes. It was appalling to witness my father, still recovering from a stroke, struggle to walk through the airport, and my mother, equally elderly, try to manage their belongings without any aid.

What is the point of paying for a business class ticket if the service is this abysmal? The cost was supposed to ensure a certain standard of care and comfort, but Air India failed spectacularly on all fronts. Their inability to provide even the most basic assistance highlights a systemic problem within their operations, one that shows a complete lack of consideration for passengers' needs.

This experience has been a revelation in the worst possible way. Not only did Air India fail to deliver on their promises, but they also managed to create an incredibly stressful and exhausting ordeal for my parents. The level of negligence and unprofessionalism displayed is unacceptable and inexcusable. It is clear that Air India does not value its customers, especially those who are vulnerable and in need of extra care.

I will never book a ticket with Air India again, and I strongly advise anyone, particularly those traveling with elderly family members or individuals who need assistance, to avoid this airline at all costs. The high price of a business class ticket does not equate to high-quality service with Air India. Instead, it seems to fund their gross incompetence and lack of customer care.

In conclusion, our experience with Air India flight AI186 was a disastrous one, marred by poor service, lack of assistance, and a blatant disregard for customer well-being. Save yourself the distress and choose an airline that values and respects its passengers. Air India, unfortunately, is not that airline.

Date of travel: June 2024
Reviewed 8 June 2024

I went to Phuket on May 29 from Delhi in flight AI378.one of my bag didn’t came on the belt and today is June 8, Air India still says we are finding it.i am back to India now. Air India is irresponsible airlines and customer support is pathetic. Never travel with Air India. Worst airlines.

Reviewed 7 June 2024

Very bad experience, could not be worse than this flight from SFO to Delhi being rescheduled many times because of that my wife missed flight.
on the return flight, the flight from Amritsar to Delhi was delayed 2 hours so I missed my next flight, than at the airport I had to wait about 5 hours to get by next flight rescheduled by aniridia i got a hotel booking because my flight was after 24 hours but hotel(waves at Delhi) given by AirIndia was very bad condition staff at the hotel was very rude. thank god I Am back home after paying almost double. i will never fly again with AirIndia

Date of travel: May 2024
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.