“Worst airlines in the world - all for money”
Review of Air India

Reviewed 28 May 2024

Bought tickets on line through trip.com. We input names incorrectly due to wrong spelling. Air India forced us to cancel our tickets, charged cancellation fees and pay extra to buy new tickets as the tickets price for their airlines gone up. It would cost us $1000 extra all due to name spelled wrong one letter. All they want to do is making more money not helping customers. The worst airlines I’ve ever dealt with.

Date of travel: April 2024
Reviews (9 812)

111 - 115 of 9 812 reviews

Reviewed 27 May 2024

After taken over by Tata Group of company and rebranding the airline, this appear to be the most comfortable airline to visit India. I would definately recoomend this now. Food quality to comfortable seats- loved it.

Date of travel: April 2024
    • Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Deepak K
Reviewed 27 May 2024

We are a family of 5 including 1 senior citizen and 2 children and were to fly AirIndia on the evening of 25th May. Despite having completed web check-in at least 12 hours in advance, we ended up missing the flight. Reason : we reached the check -in counter 10 mins late but still 50 mins before the scheduled flight take off. We pleaded with them to let us through. For a moment lets ignore the fact that we lost money on all the tickets when most competitor airlines would still have attempted to help us through since check-in was complete. What was completely unacceptable is the way we were treated by their staff.They displayed next level rudeness not only in terms of tonality but also by not looking us in the eye while conversing. Of the two staff the woman was rude, unhelpful and highhanded and an insignificant male staff did not look up from his computer even once during the conversation even though we pleaded with both. I would rate both as unemployable in terms of sheer attitude. Cut to our experience with Indigo later the same evening - staff warmly smiles, excellent coordination.. and while we were on time, we observed another family walk in . They were 15-20 mins late but Indigo handled them with grace. While they were told that such delay is difficult to process, the staff went out of their way to help. The conversation was polite and human! Heartening to see that they did board the flight finally. A lesson in customer service truly !

Tata group - if your values are responsibility, integrity, excellence and unity, let me tell you that the staff @ Air India definitely does not embody any of these! They are the kind of staff one hopes one never meets again in life! But Indigo - 3 cheers to you and well done!!

Reviewed 26 May 2024

My flight was delayed about 6 hours onward and again on my return trip. Missed my connection flight despite having a five hour gap. No updates regarding connecting flights. You pretty much have to figure things out on your own. Had to go through security twice since my seat was given away by the time I got to the gate for the connection.

Seats in premium economy were short for me (6'3" tall). Leg space was okay. Service was decent. Food sub par for Indian food ( I decided to try the Muslim meal out of curiosity
turns out it is just the Vegetarian option served early). There was the screaming child who was having a bad time for most of the flight.

I tried the airline out since they have new owners since the past two years after years of avoiding AI. I think the planned turnaround will take a few more years. I will fly another airline till then.

• Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 25 May 2024

Air India has misrepresented us in selling a wrong product the customer service agent was very unprofessional who expressed Premium Economy to downgrading Economy is not an issue after lot of discussion and wait he transferred to a supervisor whose name could not be noted, the supervisor was even ruder and the supervisor told Air India when they downgrade or change the flight will not notify the passenger without notice the supervisor hung the phone.
On the day before flying while trying to web check-in we could not process and when called the support that is when we came to know Air India has downgraded the seat.
Of course they are not offering any compensation for downgrading us.

Date of travel: May 2024
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.