“Seat reservation systems don't work on Air India”
Review of Air India

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We paid an extra amount to reserve seats before the flight departure. On the day of departure at the counter, we were told that those seats were not available and alternative seats were assigned to us. Given the passengers were senior citizens it caused a lot of inconvenience, pain, and mistrust of Air India's practices and procedures. We hope Air India understands the discomfort the passengers go through when simple seat reservations don't work and no notification is provided that a change has been made in advance. In this day and age, I hope Air India can execute such rather solved and working systems that are commonplace in the Airline industry. Next time we have to think before we give our money to Air India as this trust has been shaken.

Date of travel: April 2024
Reviews (9 725)

56 - 60 of 9 725 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Absolutely appalling service - my baggage arrived damaged - both zips ripped off to unable to close my osprey luggage again once open.
My osprey pack cost £280 and I have to get a replacement suitcase for 3300 INR. I was not aware you had to make a report straight away and it was very late at night as the flight was also delayed. Air India offered me £5 in compensation and then after I explained how utterly incomparable that was to the damage caused they stated they could no longer discuss my claim as I hadn’t submitted an initial report at the airport.

Outrageous.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

DO NOT TAKE AIR INDIA FOR INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL. Absolutely miserable service. The flight was late, TV stopped working and they did nothing to repair it. Food was terrible.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My Air India flight from Milan to Hyderabad was delayed by an hour and hence I ended up missing the connecting flight taking me from Delhi to Hyderabad
There was no announcement from Milan team at airport about the delay, leave alone the slightest feeling of regret.

Despite reaching out to Milan staff as well as Delhi Ground staff, who were ineffective, I’ll informed and unprofessional, there was absolutely no support for getting another flight within time.

Not only did they manage the show poorly, the ground staff both at Milan and Delhi behaved as if they were doing passengers a favour

Please avoid Air India international flights as much as possible!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Me and my family were going to Kathmandu on 17 may. We carry our all documents yet they denied to enter and when I go to enquiry office, they were not attentive and sending from one window to another, in between I missed my flight, I request for rescheduling they were charging 18000/ more for 3 tickets,,, so I cancel the ticket and they deduct 3800/ …not only me there wer 20+ passengers who missed their flight and complaining about their services , specially for their charges tat they charge..
and the behaviour of the staff and their senior are ridiculous. This is my first and last try for air India. I will never think again to take air India flight.
I will never recommend air India.

• Check-in and boarding
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.