“Uncaring Unprofessional Inefficient”
Review of Air India

Reviewed 23 April 2024

AI 176 was delayed 11 hours from SFO-BLR, AI informed me 24 hrs ahead, which was good, however, my itinerary is SFO-MAA via BLR and while they auto-re-booked me on the next morning 8am flight for SFO-BLR they didn't fix my BLR-MAA connection, which I was definitely going to miss. I could not fix this online either so after calling, holding etc I was re-booked for that too with barely 1.5 hrs in BLR to clear immigration, customs, re-check bags and board my connection. The SFO-BLR flight was delayed for 2 more hours at the gate in SFO "waiting for towing". We finally landed in BLR at 4:30pm IST on Apr 18th. I lost even my rebooked connection to MAA. Air India was totally unprofessional, no support, so many of us missed our connections and they did not even prepare ahead though they knew more than 24 hrs ahead that this flight was delayed from SFO.
The ground staff in BLR told all of us who have connections to MAA or HYD to pick up our bags, clear immigration and "just go up to the AI counter and they will help you, it's easy". We were sent to the outside counter, not inside, so we stood there in 37C heat with only 1 ticketing person to serve us. The elderly and sick and children were miserable. Air India didn't care. The bunch of ground staff ladies standing around were unhelpful and avoiding us. The only flight I got to MAA was the next day April 19th at 7am via Mumbai, another 5 hour flight for what is usually 1 hour!
The ground staff were clueless, "taxi coming" they kept saying, when we pushed for answers for overnight accommodation. Finally at 7pm a ramshackle van arrived. Our luggage was loaded on its roof. They put us up in a cheap 3-star hotel overnight. Imagine, I was forced into a 14.5 hours "layover" just to get from BLR to MAA.
I will never fly Air India.
I was rooting for AI.
The point is - it's not about when things are good or that sh*t happens in life, it is the professional and considerate treatment given to a paying customer when said sh*t happens that matters.
If anyone can fix this big mess in India it's Tata, but not on my hard-earned dollars and time - it's your turn now AI to do right by me.

Date of travel: April 2024
3  Thank Daydream15820129941
Reviews (9 805)

204 - 208 of 9 805 reviews

Reviewed 22 April 2024

I can’t believe it how bad is this airline. Our flight from Amritsar to London was cancel and we were informed 2 hours before and after 1 hour waiting on the phone to get an answer, they put the phone down while we were trying to understand how to get back home. I can stay here writing a book about how embarrassing the service air india provide in general. Even when you are on the plane, the staff look very grumpy and feel like they don’t want to be there to help you.
I would never recommend to anyone Air india. Spend a bit extra money (Air india flights aren’t cheap, £1300 with return if you book 5 months before) and book with Qatar or Emirates, you will not have any trouble.

Date of travel: January 2024
1  Thank ravSgre
Reviewed 21 April 2024

Seats was broken ..screen was not working .. remote was broken and even the handle of the seat don’t have cover on that I put my blanket so that I was able to keep my arm on that

Date of travel: March 2024
1  Thank isha k
Reviewed 20 April 2024

Hi everyone I recommend to everyone never travel with Air India. Staff are very rude who provide boarding pass I am telling little story what happened with me I have two baggage one check baggage is 24 kg and other cabin 11 kg but actually allowed is check check baggage is 30kg and cabin baggage allowed is 8kg total weight allowed in this flight is 38kg and I carried only 35kg at both baggage she said you have to pay 5kg extra weight because you cabin bag is not allowed and also ur cabin bag size is bigger but I travelled from Melbourne to Delhi with same luggage with same flight they didn’t create any problem end of day I paid RS123000 rupees at Delhi airport they ripped off money at no reason so I suggest to everyone never travel to air India flight when I went from Melbourne to Delhi with air India flight two weeks ago I paid extra money to chose seat and whole flight didn’t work screen no entertainment all the way to Delhi 12.30 hrs and two hours before landing start water leaking from roof so this is problem I faced with air India I recommend to everyone please don’t waste ur money with Air India service is very poor plz don’t use this flight in future

Date of travel: April 2024
1  Thank Jaswant G
Reviewed 19 April 2024

AVOID Air India. Yes, its now run by TATA, but the lack of customer service and competence is still there. We flew Air India April 14th from Mumbai to Newark, NJ. The flight was delayed due to the Iran issue. However when we landed, our bags did not arrive on the same flight. At Newark, they already had a list of bags that were not loaded on to the aircraft in Mumbai. They assured us that the bags would be delivered in 3 to 4 days. Its been 5 days and the Phone # provided and the email provided with the missing bag ticket do not work OR no one bothers to call or respond to voice msgs or emails. Finally we receive an email on 04/19 at 4:30 PM [ 5 days since we landed ] saying the bags could not be delivered due to air space restrictions over Iran. What a bunch of BS. Because from Flight tracker, we could see that Flight from Mumbai to Newark landed on Wednesday & Friday and they have the audacity to quote air space restrictions. In short after 5 days we still don't have the bags, nor a way to find out any status - cause no one answers the phone or emails. Air India is a joke because it is run by incompetent and unprofessional people. They should drop flying people and try flying cows instead - cause cows don't have check-in bags and don't require customer service. NEVER AIR INDIA cause if something goes wrong, you are SCREWED !!! SCREWED !!!! SCREWED !!!! and no one at Air INDIA cares. What a disgrace !!!

© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.