“Very good”
Review of Air France

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

On time going and on return. Easy check in, especially in CDG Paris. Free drink and snack on flight, nice to see some airlines understand that people still appreciate this little extra.

Write a ReviewReviews (17 125)

230 - 234 of 17 125 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

So, unless you are a GP, or a French business man or politician dont expect much from you Economy/premium economy flight across the atlantic.
The have champagne that is true, but them if you want another glass, then forget about it.
There is no service during the flight (if you want water you have to go and get it )
Food is just acceptable and not enough if you are hungry - it seem that you can buy more decent food. I am pretty sure they are not making money out of this and probably make their life complicated for a very little value...
Save your money get the Delta flight and upgrade it for 90$ to a front economy comfort seat...

(actually flew in March 2017 but forgot to update my comments)

1  Thank Yves-Alexandre_YAL
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

China check-in a breeze, quick through security. Busy airport so used exec lounge which was busy too! Plane boarded on time, comfortable flight, good leg room, 200 films to choose from, headphones good quality provided, food good. Staff attentative and had several launguages. Quick but adequate Paris turn around. Great flights.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The plan was taking shape nicely - dry ice donated (thank you dry ice Scotland), ice creams delivered perfectly on time (thank you Tesco), packed safely, labelled correctly, all pre-approved by Air France.
Then arrived at EDI airport where the check-in staff helpfully asked if I wanted the tag on the top of the cooler ("these tags are really difficult to come off") or on the handle - I chose the "really difficult to come off" option... mistake #1.
Called out of the boarding line, I was then confronted by an initially downright obnoxious ground crew member who was telling me (wrongly) that dry ice had to go as cargo [not so, as I proved with the pre-approval paperwork]. Half an hour spent on the tarmac as the plane is full, included the plane captain leaving his cockpit to come down to the tarmac to tell the ground staff that indeed the package was pre-approved, fully compliant with passenger baggage rules and should be boarded. He assured me that now it was re-tagged it would make my connection to Madagascar to bring vanilla ice cream to the kids of the vanilla farmers...
Well surprise, surprise ground crew at CDG did not transfer the cooler - which I knew would not last the next 48 hours until the next flight. Therefore I told the lost luggage service at Tana to send it home, I told Air France Facebook staff to send it home and I completed the on-line baggage tracker to send it home... that way the ice cream would have still been salvageable even if it was in the wrong place and would not make anyone happy.
Air France ignored all those requests and sent it to Tana anyway; I spent 2 hours around midnight on a Saturday night to retrieve a now useless and totally melted cooled full of ice cream paste -- chilled but definitely not frozen.
Air France then hide behind their terms and conditions to deny responsibility, ignoring the fact that they contradicted my instructions three times - they then offered me a miserable 8,000 Air miles as "a gesture of appreciation of my loyalty" (Platinum for 7 years).
Pathetic airline, pathetic customer service, pathetic compensation. Be warned. If they spent less on their non-executive directors and more on proper customer service they might better serve their customers!

1  Thank Shinergise
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Good food, great entertainment, seats could always be roomier, though.
Dinner choice of chicken or salmon pie, but they ran out of salmon 1/2 way thru the plane. More & more people seem to be going the semi-vegetarian route.
I couldn't log into my a/c for our flight home, so couldn't pre-board or select seats. We ended up being assigned seats one aisle apart, but I asked the guy sitting next to me if he could change with my husband, and he was very obliging. I don't see why we can't pre-board & select seats from our ticket #. This part could be better.
Paid way too much for our return ticket: $1,819 pp versus we paid less than $800 Cdn. 2 years ago for the same route: Montreal-Barcelona via Amsterdam, then Valencia-Montreal via Paris. Don't know what's going on with these prices, but it's scary.