“Arrogant”
Review of Air Europa

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

As a very frequent flyer and needing assistance I have had all levels of standards, but mostly politeness, consideration and respect being the normal and expected service. However, on our return from a fabulous 70th birthday gift from my children of a London to Paris Orient-Express trip with a close girlfriend, I had not expected the attitude of the staff of Air Europa. The Assistance guy, was polite and caring, and he took me to the gate and I was checked in ahead of the other people, as with all airlines, he then proceeded to wheel me towards the plane and the ground staff lady said, she gets on last! He apologised and asked several times could he take me to the plane, no was the reply. My friend said I will take our hand luggage onto the plane because if I wait with you there may not be room. I was put on last and had the indignity of struggling along the aisle while everyone watched me. My friend then told me she had asked the cabin crew lady if she could kindly lift our cases up as she is under 5ft tall and can never reach the upper luggage stowage. The cabin staff lady waggled her finger in my friends face and told her she needs to do it herself in case she hurts her back! My friend said I am sorry but I cannot reach, she told her she would do it just this once, but in future she needs to do it herself. My friend who is 74 years old said, I will try and grow another foot for my next flight! I complained to the senior cabin crew lady, who later offered us a coffee and a packet of biscuits as a way of apology. This attitude certainly took the edge of what had been a fantastic trip and if this is the way they treat disabled people with such a lack of respect, then we will not be using this airline again.

Write a ReviewReviews (5 611)

34 - 38 of 5 611 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Very disappointed to be delayed,but with no explanation why made it allot more annoying!! About 40 minutes before we were due to fly to Majorca it came up on screen DELAYED, then were not told when we would be flying .so sat looking at screen for information for about 2 hours,then told to go to our gate, then on getting to gate were told to go away again as they had to clean the plane! So waited another 40 mins ! Extremely gutting when you are delayed that long with no explanation and missed the first night of our holiday!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It really all depends on what you are used to. If you are a regular Business class flier and you know other Airlines product out there, sorry to say but Air Europa is really disappointing. Beds are not fully flat so after a while you end up with pain in your body, there is no privacy whatsoever and the inflight entertainment is not good and very limited. Being fair, food was good. Obviously if you haven't flown other Airlines in Business class, you are going to say that this product is good. It all depends on what you are used to and your budget.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Not the best experience, expensive, late, very late landing at the back end of Madrid airport. We had to wait on the plane until a bus turned up, another 20 mins and then the luggage took about 40 mins to come through. I’d arranged to meet friends in Madrid for a late lunch and some drinks for 2-3 hours, I eventually saw them for about 30 mins. Not a fan of this airline at all.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I took the flight to return from a vacation with my wife and daughter. The flight was on time and the attention was very good. I asked for the gluten-free menu and the brought it properly isolated. They allow 2 bags of 23Kg each per passenger. The bad thing was that they don't control the quantity of hand bags of the passenger so the passenger were in line one hour (or more) before boarding starts so they can use more space for their extra bags, leaving many passengers without any space for their bags. They also don't control the order for boarding so it is a challenge to get into our seats because we came across passenger for seats in the front. Also we had to take the bus to reach the plane, very far away from the gate, the buses waited a lot to depart, even when they were full, and we had to wait in a bus stopped full of people.

Good things: Flight on time, attendants were polite, good on providing gluten-free menu.
Bad things: Don't control the number of hand bags for the passengers, no order for boarding, too much delay in the bus to reach the plane from the gate.

TIP: Get into the boarding line as soon as you get there (more than one hour before boarding time) and RUN to the bus trying to get first into the plane so you can have space for your bags.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)