“Flights Vanacouver to Rome (Return)”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Flew from Vancouver to Rome via Toronto and Rome to Vancouver, via Montreal, with my 92 year old dad. Overall our flights and serve were good both ways. They provided my dad assistance to and from the check in and gates. the only issue ws in Rome where they did not have my dad listed as needing assistance. I told them it was pre-arrange and did provide it as soon as possible.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (17 994)

374 - 378 of 17 994 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were taking a bucket list trip from my wife's list. She wanted to see the Northern Lights. (We did and they were awesome!!). Rather than chancing losing our luggage by taking multiple airlines, we chose Air Canada. We flew from Baltimore to Toronto, Toronto to Vancouver and Vancouver to Whitehorse. As the title says, AC generally gave good service.

Here's the caveat. My wife is disabled. We provided a doctor's letter about her condition and got seats with a little more leg room. There was a person, except when we returned to Baltimore, with a wheel chair to take her from gate to gate. On the whole, this is good. But once seated in the wheel chair, we had to wait until the entire plane, including pilots, deplaned before the aide would push my wife to the next gate. Why? One person in a chair, one person pushing. I wrote to AC and have not gotten a reply.

Though she sent a letter, there was no handicap symbol on her boarding pass to allow for early boarding. It wasn't a problem, however, as the gate attendants saw that there was a need for wheel chairs and they actually came to us, or called us by intercom, to board early. I noticed the handicap symbol on other passengers' boarding passes.

They don't give away snacks on the plane. You can have soft drinks/coffee/tea for free, but no pretzels, cookies, etc. You can buy meals and put the charge on your credit card.

Aside from those issues, the flights were good.

Another caveat. Booking on the Air Canada website can be cumbersome. We saw prices change and flights change from our morning search to an afternoon search.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I wonder why when we fly out or into Fort McMurray the airlines prices are so high. Air Canada and Westjet charge similar prices but the availability in the last year of flights is continually reduced. We are told to be at the airports up to 90 mins ahead of time and upon arrivals often find out there is a delay. This flight the delay was due to a late arrival of a crew who were then required to rest so many hours ( I get it dont want a tired pilot) but if the airline knows they are going to be over why not put on a different crew? It seems that being on time is not something any airline has to adher to and that is frustrating. Bathroom on plane was not the cleanest. I really dont think the plane's seats can get any smaller either. The seats were so worn out feels like you are sitting on wires, leave with a sore back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It was a standard flight from Air Canada with the usual amenities. A bit bummed that we get charged for a blanket, stop nickel and dimeing the customer already!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a wonderful flight to London from Calgary. The staff were friendly and helpful. The food and drinks were excellent. The movies helped pass the time with a great selection of entertainment. We would definitely recommend flying with Air Canada.