“Slow check-in, unflexible date change even months ahead”
Review of Air Baltic

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I decided to give this airline a try because of the low cost (traveling with 2 kids adds up). We flew from Keflavik, Icrland to Riga, Latvia. There was NO SELF-CHECK-IN option for this airline (the only one or two flying from Iceland that doesn’t have self-check-in kiosk). So 150+ people had to stand in line for over an hour to check in, even of you don’t have bags to check-in. There was only ONE guy checking-in 150+ passengers. Then there was a faster, but still the biggest line in Keflavim airport to get on board (20 min). I asked the walking by airport attendant if we will make it to the plane on time, and she smiled and said: “Don’t worry, they know...” as if this was not the first occurrence but rather a common theme. In the end we all made it to the plane, were delayed by 40 minutes. It took them another 30 minutes to unload the luggage. It did not bother me because Riga was our final destination, but be aware. Though I know that “you get what you pay for”, but compared to WOW we flew right before AirBaltic was significantly slopier. My consern at the moment was if this is a general culture, do they approach safety checks the same way?
Couple of months prior to travel I had a timing issue and had to rebook Riga stay for a shorter duration, and they did not even budge when I asked to move the date. Though it is kind of a standard thing nowdays. Still feels like a rip off though. I should probably check if they returned the tax $$ they promissed for the flight we will never take. With this type of customer service I feel I shouldn’t trust them.

Review collected in partnership with Air Baltic
Write a ReviewReviews (6 175)

332 - 336 of 6 175 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Everything was fine, but before departure I heard notification about another AIR BALTIC fligh - it was overbooked and some people were asked to change flights, that made me nervous about my flight - will this one too be overcrowded? That gave sense of unwanted suspicion. All other things were normal.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The flight was nice, also we were glad about the speedy transfer at Riga airport. So we did not miss our connection to Switzerlnad.
But there were problems with the checking-in at St,. Petersburg airport. Despite of having checkeg in online beforehand we had to wait almost an hour in a long row - and often we had the feeling that the personell was not concerned about it. It was all quite chaotic.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This airline carier is overpriced, with very limited options. Unfortunately, no other option to fly out fro Riga.

2  Thank TeodorIva
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

There were 2 toilets in the plane but those 3 passengers in Business class were the only ones allowed to use the toilet in the front. There were 8 people in the toilet line in the back so i went in the front but i was pushed back and told to use the one in the back!