“Pleasantly surprised”
Review of Aer Lingus

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Our travel agent booked us through Air Lingus and got us a really inexpensive flight to Dublin. We had never flown with them before and after reading the reviews we were apprehensive.

Pros: Great ticket price. We were on a new plane, had paid extra $35/ea. for extra legroom and priority seating. The aircraft was clean, the Aer Lingus staff on the plane were friendly and we actually enjoyed the flight. They also provided free meals for international flights. (On shorter connections within Europe you pay from menu choices). Food was okay, ..could be better. Free movies too.

Cons: Long wait time when you call Aer Lingus with questions; be prepared for a 30 minute plus wait to get someone on the phone.

Also, sometimes they use 3rd parties at their check in desk. We found them to be less than friendly and not as informed.
as the real Aer Lingus employees. This lady tried to send our bags to our final destination even though we let her know we would had a 2 day stopover. Watch them at check in!

Also a suggestion: never book tight connections with Aer Lingus, as we found out on our return flight back to the USA. Their desks aren't staffed very early, you may be dealing with a 3rd party checking you in, and they changed the gate on us at the last minute...almost missed our connection.

Overall, makes for affordable international flights, but needs to improve their customer service in a big way.

1  Thank Marie W
Write a ReviewReviews (6 526)

216 - 220 of 6 526 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Flew from Dublin to New York's JFK Airport in an exit row seat for extra legroom. It was an extra €50 each way so a hundred onto original return ticket price. Good seating all round if you need the extra leg space. However, if you don't like being bothered by people coming in and out of a lavatory (in front of you) then it's probably not the best option. TV monitor comes out from the side of the seat as well as dining tray.

P.S. You are not allowed put your feet up on the door box in front of you but if you have a free isle seat next to you in the exit row you may use that to stretch out more. I didn't need though and I'm 6'4'"--the window seat was just fine.

Good meals throughout the flight and complimentary pillow/earphones are provided also. I have no complaints--5 stars.

1  Thank Kevin S
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Airline was excellent the flight was good I was a bit apprehensive about how long it took but it went in quite quick to me the flights were the best bit of the holiday

• Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I flew Aer Lingus from Toronto to Barcelona (with a connection flight in Dublin). My luggage did not arrive in Barcelona when I arrived as we were delayed flying out of Toronto. My issue was when I approached some staff in the airport with regards to reporting my lost or delayed luggage. I approached a female staff at an Iberia desk and she told me to go to the conveyor. I went to the conveyor but the conveyor she pointed at was not even operational. I asked a few airport staff and they directed me to go back to the Iberia desk. I went back to the same woman (WHO WAS BUSY CHATTING ON HER MOBILE)....and waited for few minutes to get her attention as she was busy on the phone. She again pointed me back to the conveyor! This time, I already made sure she sees my face getting frustrated and upset as I am going to take the cruise the following day and I have no clothes with me and other personal items! That was the only time she hung up the phone and started asking me questions and started writing up a report. She told me that someone will get in touch with me (via email as I have no mobile phone in Europe and we were staying at an AirBNB apartment and I have no phone number of that place) or the airline might deliver my luggage to any of the ports (she took my itinerary).

It is the level of service I got when I was trying to get info on what happened to my luggage that I am complaining about. They should understand that I am a customer who is asking information to my lost luggage as I have all my personal belongings in that luggage. I was lucky my friends lent me their socks, pyjamas, and comb for the night. I had to buy toothbrush, toothpaste, underwears and few clothings for the next day and so as I did not know if I am going to get back my luggage! I even tried calling the Aer Lingus number and no one was picking up! I sent a couple of emails to inform me via email about my luggage! I found out when I got to the port that my luggage was delivered there...........I received the email from Aer Lingus AFTER I found out that my luggage was already in the ship!

I was supposed to be enjoying my stay in Barcelona prior to our cruise the following day but with the unknown status of my luggage...I did not enjoy my stay in Barcelona as I was more worried if I am going to see my luggage in time for our cruise!

• Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank snoopy0518
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The flight attendants were friendly, attentive and professional. We were greeted with champaign, which was a very nice touch as were the hot towels.The seats were comfy and spacious. The food was very good and the entertainment systems with choices of tv, movies or music, made for a most enjoyable flight.