“Good flight ”
Review of Aegean Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Board crowed bus without air conditioning to drive to airplane only to wait for cleaning to be completed. Rush to steps to get overhead storage. But then nice flight and service. Slow Rome baggage.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (8 033)

91 - 95 of 8 033 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I flew Aegean Air to two cities in Europe Sept. 2018. At check in I was told that I would be on standby even though I booked in July due to their overbooking! Staff was NOT helpful with my stress of possibly not being able to get to my next destination on time.
However, I was so impressed by reading their in flight magazine and how the owners of Aegean Air pride themselves on delivering a quality service to their company due to their pride of their airline and their country! Most stewards were very nice. Kepa the port agent in Greece was incredibly helpful in getting me to my seat on time and even carried my heavy carry on to my seat and put it in the overhead bin! I was very impressed with him and the fact that Aegean Air staff were concerned I would be late for my flight (which I wasn't but it was close due to Long lines at the VAT refund booth)
Some of the check in agents, stewards, etc. couldn't have cared less about their customers. I messaged Aegean Air numerous times with great feedback for Kepa and Jill (who booked my tickets), and with some of my disappointments and or issues. Not once have they responded yet they wrote in their in flight magazine how much they care about providing an excellent customer experience! I'd still fly Aegean Air anyway because overall I got everywhere safely and on time.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Efficient ticket sales and on time boarding - very clean and comfortable plane - map and flight information display on overhead screens - free drinks and snacks served during short flight (40 minutes) by a good caring and dedicated cabin crew.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Horrible Customer Service.

I booked my Trip from Geneva to Greece (Business Class) and I booked everything from the website since I am a Silver member of Star Alliance with 44k Miles almost a Gold Member. Aegean decided to charge me another 20€ because of their "Website" mistake.

Be really carful when you book from their website because you can get charged for no reason.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We encountered a very nasty employee at the gate in Amman while trying to board our flight. We had no problem checking our luggage. The attendant inspected all of our items, weighed our two checked items, and sent us thru to security and the gate. We each had a personal item and a carry on and They all conformed to the size restrictions required by all airlines. Our carry one both had wheels but were standard size carry ons. When we got to the gatecwe noticed that one of the airline personal was harassing a passenger ahead of us. The passenger was taken aside and made to wait to board, supposedly because he had an oversized carry on. We we got to him, he immediately told us to step aside. He claimed that Our carry ons were too large and needed to be checked. We told him that the attendant at check in had inspected them and found them to be satisfactory. He became nasty and belligerent and told us we couldn't board with them and must pay 50 JD each to check them. He was speaking Arabic to my partner, but his tone was very nasty and unprofessional. It was very embarrassing and stressful. We ended up charging the extra fees because we had converted all of our JD's. I suspect that this person may have been following a directive from the airlines to challenge the carry on size and to charge the extra fee, so I hold the airline responsible for this terrible experience. I will never fly Aegean Airlines again. They are certainly not customer oriented and do not train their employees to treat customers with respect. This airline is cheap and very short on courtesy and respect.

1  Thank mmartin0283